Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It hasn’t failed for me yet.
Of course it’s less than a week, so the working/not working call is too small a sample right now :)

You are correct. I spoke too soon.

I tested it after a period of a few minutes and it worked fine, but does not work after sitting all night.

i've gotten it working again on 28.2 (sort of, at the risk of jinxing it again) - it has worked for me the past two days after charging and then sitting all night. the key is that you have to get the phone closer to the middle of the car (at least that's what has worked for me).

i keep my phone in my right front pocket, and the model 3 is parked right next to the entry door backed in (so the charge cord and port are immediately to my left when i walk out the door). if i just walk right up to the car and try to unlock it, with my right hip next to the trunk, it doesn't work. if i instead go and stand on the other side of the charge port (with my right hip next to the rear door handle instead), it has worked every time.

of course now that i said that, it probably won't work this afternoon when i go out...we'll see.

i keep my phone in my right front pocket, and the model 3 is parked right next to the entry door backed in (so the charge cord and port are immediately to my left when i walk out the door). if i just walk right up to the car and try to unlock it, with my right hip next to the trunk, it doesn't work. if i instead go and stand on the other side of the charge port (with my right hip next to the rear door handle instead), it has worked every time.

This morning I walked out, walked around the car 3-4 times, and then tried the handle. No dice.

This morning I walked out, walked around the car 3-4 times, and then tried the handle. No dice.

it worked for me again this afternoon doing exactly what i described.

again, the most frustrating thing about the entire phone as key fiasco IMO is the total inconsistency from user to user and car to car. there's no rhyme or reason for anybody as to when it works and when it doesn't.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
You are correct. I spoke too soon.

I tested it after a period of a few minutes and it worked fine, but does not work after sitting all night.

This is my experience as well. If the vehicle is awake the charge port will open upon press of the charging handle button without opening the vehicle door. But if the vehicle is asleep, it doesn't work.

If I open the app on the phone, which wakes the car up, then it works, again without opening the door.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and ord3r
Although I drive a model X for me this update in the Netherlands brings a lot of improvements.
The AP2.0 have impressively improved.
The problems I had: (2018.26 was previous update.)
Still a lot of ghost braking on shadows. Braking aggressively for slower front cars. And braking to aggressively for cars changing from right to left lane.
2018.28.3 It feels like I'm sleeping in the car. For my the update is a huge improvement. No hard ghost braking anymore. Once I had a situation when the car slowed down unnecessary but this was very smooth and nice. Not giving a problem for the car behind me.
Also the cars slows down for slower traffic a bit earlier now on a very smooth way. For me this update makes the ap almost perfect on one big item.
The Netherlands A16-A58 from Rotterdam to Tilburg. When leaving the A16 and entering the A58 you get a very curvy exit. When you drive 130km/h you have to slow down to at least 90km/h. This is still done way to fast and way to late to a point that I think the car will spin. Also when driving on the left lane the car enters this exit on the left side on the lane with the curve to the right you get the felling it is not reacting to this curve and will drive straight. This is the only point I have to take over the steering wheel when on AP.20