Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 3 LR no warranty risk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m considering buying a 65k mile 2018 3 LR

Is there a good used car checklist?
WhT should I look out for most?

And it won’t come with a warranty, so is one of the carfax, vroom ones worth it?

Didn’t think typical repair places can fix Tesla tech anyway, so wouldn’t my car insurance be enough?

Tips?

Once I receive, will have 7 days to return…

Thx!!

Thanks. Yes, battery covered. Worried about the other things…

Looking used bc need it within 4-6 weeks with car coming off lease. And getting it for $43k. Good deal for 2018 60k miles?

You should consider buying whatever car you have coming off lease as its likely worth more than its residual. I dont think there are a lot of things that can go wrong, but at the end of the day its a car with over 60k miles with no warranty. You would want to set aside 1-2k a year to deal with "stuff" just like any other used car, in my opinion, till you had 4-6k set aside.

Thanks. Yes, battery covered. Worried about the other things…

Looking used bc need it within 4-6 weeks with car coming off lease. And getting it for $43k. Good deal for 2018 60k miles?

why not sign up on the Discord and start watching inventory? You can pick up a brand new RWD 3 for close to the same price with 0 miles and a full warranty along with the newest upgrades. Just food for thought if you need something quicker and don’t want to get robbed on price.

Reactions: FastAttack
Did you end up buying that Model 3?

not sure, but this OP posted about buying a BMW recently, so probably not?

But just got my wife a 2019 X3, returning to the bmw brand after two beloved Tesla’s and I have to say my first reaction after instantly setting up wireless CarPlay which worked flawlessly, and then plugged in my much worked on USB stick of 3000 great songs to see beautiful big album art, and lots of ways to search and browse through everything, I told my wife…”I may be driving your car more than you think”

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt