Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.4.1 ec044c8 was detected on a Tesla Model X + What's your FW now

What's your current FW?

Votes: 29 25.7%

Votes: 67 59.3%

Votes: 16 14.2%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • older than above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I just got it OTA on my Model X because a mobile service tech worked on my car this morning. Here are the release notes -- tire pressure units and automatic heated steering wheel.
IMG_7192.jpg

Serious question: how many people actually have it cold enough to leave the wheel on (come on, you know what I mean!) all the time?

I’ve used the heated steering wheel a couple of times when it was frigid here in NoVa (yes, it’s not Buffalo, but it was cold the last month or so!) and I can’t imagine leaving it on so long you want the car to remember to turn it on next time. It heats my wheel up enough in a few minutes.

Perhaps in Buffalo and if the car was outside? Or do I have a hot wheel? :D (That’s also railroad talk for real old timers!)

Serious question: how many people actually have it cold enough to leave the wheel on (come on, you know what I mean!) all the time?

I’ve used the heated steering wheel a couple of times when it was frigid here in NoVa (yes, it’s not Buffalo, but it was cold the last month or so!) and I can’t imagine leaving it on so long you want the car to remember to turn it on next time. It heats my wheel up enough in a few minutes.

Perhaps in Buffalo and if the car was outside? Or do I have a hot wheel? :D (That’s also railroad talk for real old timers!)

I kind of just want a "if it's cold enough to require heating the car, please also heat the wheel until it gets to 70 degrees then stop" setting. Autosteer…ingwheelheat.

Reactions: waterloo42
i do not have this update on my Dec 2017 delivery x75 but my autopilot hugs the left edge especially when the road curves left. i felt it was always dangerous when cars passed me on the left or it was a 2 lane road and oncoming traffic was dangerously close when passing me.

seems like they are overcorrecting that to the right edge lol

Hey! Quit picking on Buffalo! Yes, I have it one and leave it on a lot. Now, next they need to have leaves 1, 2 and 3, too or a high and low.

I kind of just want a "if it's cold enough to require heating the car, please also heat the wheel until it gets to 70 degrees then stop" setting. Autosteer…ingwheelheat.

My aftermarket remote starter has that feature.
If below 0 C, then turn on heated seats and heated steering wheel

If above 30C, turn on AC and circulating fan in the front seats

Some other brand aftermarket remote starter can even set hot air to windshield but if the car supports it

Tesla can definitely do all the above easily

i do not have this update on my Dec 2017 delivery x75 but my autopilot hugs the left edge especially when the road curves left. i felt it was always dangerous when cars passed me on the left or it was a 2 lane road and oncoming traffic was dangerously close when passing me.

seems like they are overcorrecting that to the right edge lol

You can ask SC to reset AP calibration, then it should be fixed