Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.4.5 a1d9b92

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AP2.0 has no issues hanging lanes on low speed roads.

What it does have occasional difficulty doing is recognizing multi lane local roads - especially curbs and dividers as a marker if there are no lines. It also still has difficulty in recognition of cars offset of the front. These are things the AP1 does well, especially through city traffic.

As a result it takes a AP2 slightly longer time to establish a lane compared to a AP1 car in these conditions and it won’t let you change lanes if it hasn’t established one. It may be possible that’s what you experienced. But once it gets it, no issues.

i don't want to disagree with you, but when i was driving a new MX100D Loaner car last week with the 2.5 hardware it would not change lanes on autopilot on roads with speed limits under 45-50MPH...
I don't think lane change is speed limited, rather it is location/road type limited. My X (hw 2.0) will not change lanes on highways (even with speed limits at 55 mph). It will however, change lanes without any issues on freeways.

yeah, i was driving on very well marked roads and it was quite frustrating. all i can hope is that this is sorted out before i upgrade. :) (can't wait, as my early build X is a noisy and creaky car with tons of road noise and the newest X's are sooooo refined in comparison)

as for my car (AP1) it will change lanes on any marked road as long as i'm going 30-31mph or faster.

yeah, i was driving on very well marked roads and it was quite frustrating. all i can hope is that this is sorted out before i upgrade. :) (can't wait, as my early build X is a noisy and creaky car with tons of road noise and the newest X's are sooooo refined in comparison)

as for my car (AP1) it will change lanes on any marked road as long as i'm going 30-31mph or faster.
AP1 will auto change lanes on any road if marked. AP2 and AP2.5 will not and has never done so. It will only do this on Freeways (or whatever you call yours). I.E. Major highways. Not local streets.

seriously!? i have AP1.0 which has always driven me like a chauffeur, but after the last update it felt like a distracted teenager. didn't seem to notice the cars until later and stopped much harder, argh!

i hope i get this latest update soon so i can go back to comfortable autopilot. :)

*Anybody with AP2.0 and above, can you change lanes over 30MPH on 30-50MPH roads yet?

Wow!!!! Who would have ever thought that THIS is how they would bring AP2 in parity with AP1.

J/K LOL