Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.50 7e49f8a On Teslafi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Freezing windows and charge port is going to be a hard fix with software. I see a redesign in the charge port for the M3s. It's a wonder how the MS door handles aren't a bigger issue with snow/ice, they would make me nervous if I was still living up in Maine.

Is it me if does it feel like the M3 is getting more focus than the S/X with regards to updates etc??

It has become ridiculously clear over the past six or so months that Tesla's "A" team is working on the Model 3 with no significant updates to the Model S/X... well, I guess they're "done." There have been queries to Elon about when a "major refresh" is coming... but no news. I have been advising friends to hold off on buying an S/X until the next major update... but it's also quite possible that one is never coming.

Elon did say that the "early adopters" of the S/X were subsidizing the vision of our world's electric future, so congrats to all of us that have helped build this amazing world-changing company. Now go get a Model 3.

Lol so what happened to S and X having all new features (software) that 3’s get? You’d think this would be trivial on the new code base. For one example, there’s the ‘honk’ on walk away lock. And before we start the ‘I don’t want it’ discussion, it’s fully optional on the 3.

Elon stated more than once that the S and X would have things better and first. Hmph is all I can say for such an easy miss on Tesla software’s part.

• Love
Reactions: croman
Tesla got our money. They don't care anymore. USB controller support is just a drop in driver and they didn't even bother giving that to MCU1 (verygreen has it working just fine on his MCU1 X). Its not about feature parity unless that means crippling S/X benefits in favor of 3.

Portrait advantages are thrown away to make Model 3 landscape look and work better than S/X with portrait and IC.

Cold weather package is obfuscated and made incredibly cumbersome. HVAC second row in S no longer sends any air to rear occupants with auto. I've got to constantly fiddle with settings that I never bothered with in v8.x.

Its really frustrating that Elon says a bunch of crap that is clearly misleading (i.e. S and X always leaders when 3 clearly has MANY features S/X don't (alarm honk being one minor but illustrative point). They even now gave keyfobs to 3 which negates yet another supposed benefit to the S/X. They could give us those features but they really could care less. So the S/X are actually getting worse since v9.

In reading some of the posts above, it seems that some people have the idea that the S/X owners are or will get neglected. I don't think that is true. I think Tesla is at a point of inflection and under a lot of pressure to perform. The margins on the S/X will always be way higher than on the Model 3. Tesla will not leave such a important segment of their customers in cold. Now, like all technology companies, the older your car is - the issue of backward compatibility does and will come into play. I still think that Tesla is doing a lot to keep upgrading the entire fleet. Not perfect - but working in the right direction.

no significant updates to the Model S/X

Whaaaa? We got navigate on autopilot, use of all cameras, identification of different vehicle types, blind spot warning, heated seats in preconditioning and music controls via app just in the last couple months. 6 months ago autopilot couldn’t even handle freeway off ramps.