Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.7 a3159ea

Software version 2018.7 a3159ea was just detected on a Tesla Model S 90D with Autopilot 2 hardware. The highest previous version was 2018.6.1 641efac. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

mobTYmB.jpg

I hope it fixes the 2018.6.1 MCU reboots. I had my first and only one in a multi-storey carpark last night, just as I was reversing in a super tight corner. Not groovy to suddenly lose the camera!
I can relate as I was driving in an unfamiliar area in Chicagoland going to pick up some furniture and when coming up to one of the later turns my 2018.6.1 MCU rebooted so I was temporarily 'lost' :)

Last edited:

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
Quick Q about software updates. You have to physically be in the car to start the download, correct? Only ask as I live in NYC / park car in garage so can go days/weeks w/o using car. Be nice to just start download via app but have not yet figured out a way to do that. Thanks.

That’s correct. You can’t remotely start an update..which kind of stinks. But once in the car, you can also schedule an update for a later time.

• Helpful
Reactions: TheU

chillaban

May 5, 2016
Bay Area
You're an optimist, I guess

That's how "fake news/facts" are born - someone in another thread threw an idea out there if maybe odd numbers are beta and that thought was based just on 2 (TWO) data points. TWO!!!!!!!!!
Come on it’s not just based off 2 data points. It’s also based off what previous odd releases have been. Odd numbered weeks being Early Access releases has been a longstanding pattern.

• Helpful
Reactions: BigD0g

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC