Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 BMW 135i vs. 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my sister in law just got her a used 2011 BMW 135i and is pretty confident she'd win in a race. Looking at the specs it's actually a pretty close match up performance numbers wise. BMW says the 135i will do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds even while as you know the model 3 LR will do it in about 5.1 sec. So assuming I can figure out a safe way for us to try to put the cars to the test we may soon know for sure. But what do you guys think? I think either it'll be a super close race but she may pull ahead towards the end.

Does your SIL have an automatic or manual transmission? If manual, I'd go with the Model 3 as being the winner. If an auto, I'd still say the Model 3 would win :) .

And as far as a safe way to determine a winner, I just Googled "chicago drag strip" and this came up:

Route 66 Raceway - Route 66 Raceway

Automatic with paddle shifters. That place isn't too far so we will see if she's serious. I think either way that would be pretty fun!

How about make it interesting. 10 - 60mph. You'll eat the BMW for breakfast. ;)

Oh yeah for sure! If I lost I was gonna suggest we start from 30mph lol. Man if the model 3 had the power at 0 that it does at 30 itd be a rocket. But I guess thats why there's a performance version!