Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Center Screen replacement cost - yellow edges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a 2018 MS for sale and it has the very yellow edge around the center screen. I would like to talk the selling dealer down on price due to the screen needing replacement. Has anyone had Tesla replace the screen/MCU that could share the estimated cost?

Thanks!

I'm looking at a 2018 MS for sale and it has the very yellow edge around the center screen. I would like to talk the selling dealer down on price due to the screen needing replacement. Has anyone had Tesla replace the screen/MCU that could share the estimated cost?

Thanks!
Does it already have MCU2, which started with ~ March 2018 deliveries? If not, you would want to upgrade anyway.

Tesla did the UV treatment on my 2018, and it basically fixed the issue. Not sure how much they would charge out of warranty, but not too bad if that works.

Reactions: tigger2
Cool, that’s what my 2018 had. Very reliable, solid build. I think the UV treatment will make a big difference. I can’t imagine that it’s more than couple hundred but definitely check. You have to find service center that has one too.

Reactions: tigger2
I would have used Tesla, but at the time there were few of the UV machines in service, so the wait was long and it was during early COVID lockdowns. It was free back then too, but even at $40, I'd have Tesla do it now.