Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 EAP people, should we buy FSD for $2000 before next Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering what others think about the current offer for FSD being available for $2,000. Are you jumping on it? Waiting? Hoping it'll come later for free? Things have been so fluid the last two weeks I'm thoroughly confused.
Thanks for any opinions you have to share!

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
A7A72AA7-8CC1-4517-A8C9-6AF93C0FAE18.jpeg
Bought this morning. 2017 MX Canada. HW2.5.

Why do guys keep posting this as fact? Guys with HW2 were promised 2.5 and now 3.0 is out and still nothing. They are just scaling back on what FSD can do so they don't have to change any hardware.
HW3.0 is not out - not sure why you said it is out. Also, where do you see that saying HW2.0 will get upgrade to HW2.5. The feature of FSD may scale back but having powerful computer will help even the no new feature added.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
On their website - Autopilot

Enhanced Summon is listed under autopilot

If I have Enhanced AutoPilot and not Full Self-Driving Capability will I get Enhanced Summon?

Where my car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you anywhere in a parking lot.

I paid for EAP when I bought the car because it was supposedly going to be more expensive to buy post-vehicle-purchase. Then a few months later you could buy AP+FSD for the same price I paid for EAP.

So I'm out. I'm done giving Elon any money earlier than I need to. Even if they jack up the price and I end up not buying FSD at all because of it, that's fine with me. I'm not encouraging this nonsense by giving them even more money.

Why do guys keep posting this as fact? Guys with HW2 were promised 2.5 and now 3.0 is out and still nothing. They are just scaling back on what FSD can do so they don't have to change any hardware.

Elon has consistantly stated that all HW2 plus cars will be upgradeable chips to support FSD (so until someone with a HW2.0 car does not have the ability in their Tesla account to purchase FSD, we are still consistent). The current issue is the cost of this upgrade has fluctuated and features are not known when they will be released or really if Tesla can even pull off FSD.

I'm skipping it because I believe they neutered down the initial goal of what FSD is. 2k is good chunk of money for something that has no release date for the final product. It was supposed to be fully autonomous hands free driving but I don't think we are technologically there yet for several years. By the time waymo and all these fully autonomous systems are released Im pretty sure my current Teslas will be long in the tooth and needing upgrades. They moved EAP features into the FSD category which makes it seem their initial goal and the self driving Tesla network was just a dream and not quite attainable just yet.