Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 EAP people, should we buy FSD for $2000 before next Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where does it say that people with EAP will lose the $2000 rate? "Those prices" could be referring to people who didn't buy EAP.

Combined with the statements from customer service, Elon's statement become clear as mud..

First tweet-
Elon Musk said:
Those prices will revert to normal on Monday too

Prices. Plural. And "too" meaning those 2 in addition to the other cuts. It's be pretty weird if somehow that "really" meant all the other cuts except that one specific one because... REASONS!

Second tweet-(in specific reply to a comment pointing out FSD is different than EAP because FSD still hasn't delivered even most of its promised features yet so offering a LOWER FSD PRICE (2k) to people than original buyers got was unfair)-

Elon Musk said:
In retrospect, lower price shouldn’t have been offered

5 different Level 1 support folks giving 5 different answers is par for the course with most companies.

But Elons tweets are pretty clear (even if they pushed the date back a few days)

That's weird. Since the CEO of the company repeatedly confirmed, in writing, after the EAP+->FSD change, that we would be.

How do you have info the guy running the company doesn't?

(also, HW3 isn't a "graphics card" and using the term suggests a deep misunderstanding of how any of this stuff works- which makes your info look even....let's politely say....less reliable)

Your post begs the question.
I'm reacting to exactly what Musk tweets - I just pay attention to the language - unlike many. If you could link/quote your references you might be able to see my point.
I love how in the middle of completely reshuffling prices and features and explicitly moving goal posts - people don't look closer at how language is being used to keep future features ambiguous.
"graphics card" is pretty close to what it is - but is meant to oversimplify to make a point that even that expectation is ambiguous, and being specific about lowers its appeal.

Your post begs the question.

Begging the question is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it

Can you explain how pointing out the CEO of the company explicitly and repeatedly supports the claim, in writing, is "begging the question"?

Or did you not understand the phrase you were using?

Meanwhile you've offered zero counter evidence of any kind.

I'm reacting to exactly what Musk tweets - I just pay attention to the language - unlike many. If you could link/quote your references you might be able to see my point.

no, I sure couldn't see your point since it's factually wrong.

The tweets have been reposted, by myself and others, ad nauseum at this point.

Since I'm reading what he actually said and pointing out he's said so repeatedly and consistently, for many months now, including quite recently

While you appear to be reading what you imagine he could possibly, maybe, if you look at it crooked and ignore parts of it, "really" meant.

Y
"graphics card" is pretty close to what it is - but is meant to oversimplify to make a point that even that expectation is ambiguous, and being specific about lowers its appeal.

No, graphics card is pretty far from what it is. If they just needed a graphics card they'd have stayed with Nvidia instead of spending a ton of time and money to build their own hardware.

That's part of the point. Folks keep trying to discuss HW3 without understanding what it even is, what it can do, and also in your case not even understanding how clearly and explicitly the CEO has repeatedly confirmed everyone who paid for FSD will get it.

Autolane change should be a part of EAP. It was a part of it for like a week then they went back to the confirmation thing.
I am not buying into the FSD thing. When I bought the car FSD was suppose to be totally hands off. Buying it was basically a donation. Now they have dumbed down the definition and are trying to get EAP buyers to pay another 2k for something they already bought.
I’m already 1/5 of the way through my warranty period. By the time FSD isn’t just a gimmick I will be on the next car.
So unless they give me a trial and there is something I can’t live without, I will stick with whatever they give me.
And if somebody smarter than me files a class action suit for improper marketing, I’ll cheer them on

Reactions: GeoX750
Begging the question is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it

Can you explain how pointing out the CEO of the company explicitly and repeatedly supports the claim, in writing, is "begging the question"?

Or did you not understand the phrase you were using?

I love that you looked up begging the question!
Let's continue the discussion when FSD vehicles are upgraded to HW3 - ha! ;)

Reactions: FlyErik
I love that you looked up begging the question!

Yeah, at least one of us did :)

Seriously though- I cited an official definition because it was pretty clear you didn't understand what it meant when you incorrectly used it to describe my post.

Let's continue the discussion when FSD vehicles are upgraded to HW3 - ha! ;)

Sure.... if we're time line optimistic they'll be going into newly built cars sometime in the next ~100 days or less (ie they hit the first half of 2019 date mentioned late last year as the target), and since spitting out a bunch of processor boards is a lot cheaper/faster/easier than producing new car models I'd expect in-place upgrades of existing cars to be fairly close behind, pending SC/ranger availability... (if Rangers can do the swaps, and no reason so far to think they can't based on what we've been told, that will greatly help with the upgrades).

Won't surprise me at all if any of those time lines slip some (given it's tesla, HITTING a deadline would be more surprising)[/QUOTE]

Update for anyone interested. Just got off the phone with Tesla vehicle support regarding FSD. I was given email confirmation following my call that HW3 will be included free of charge (FOC) for all Model 3's with preordered FSD. I was also told that the price change will happen as of midnight tonight. I have just purchased FSD based on the email confirmation I received from Tesla vehicle support.

• Informative
Update for anyone interested. Just got off the phone with Tesla vehicle support regarding FSD. I was given email confirmation following my call that HW3 will be included free of charge (FOC) for all Model 3's with preordered FSD. I was also told that the price change will happen as of midnight tonight. I have just purchased FSD based on the email confirmation I received from Tesla vehicle support.
Can you copy/paste the text from the email? My whole theory is about ambiguous language so I'd love to see what exactly was written to you about this.

I didn't receive any kind of email receipt from Tesla for my FSD purchase. It would be really nice to have something on file to prove my purchase of a $2,000 option. Did anyone receive any kind of confirmation?

It shows on my Vehicle profile in my account, but that's it.

Just got off the phone with Tesla vehicle support regarding FSD..

What number did you call? I'd like to have the same promise from Tesla.

Can you copy/paste the text from the email? My whole theory is about ambiguous language so I'd love to see what exactly was written to you about this.

Regarding your inquiries about the FSD. I have found two instances where it is stated that customers who pre-purchase the FSD features before it is released will be able to receive the hardware upgrade at no cost.

Here is a link to a tweet directly from Elon stating this. Elon Musk on Twitter

I also have internal communication from Elon as well, stating that pre-purchasing the FSD features will qualify you for the necessary hardware upgrade for no additional cost.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Best,

• Informative
Reactions: FlyErik and Getlib
I didn't receive any kind of email receipt from Tesla for my FSD purchase. It would be really nice to have something on file to prove my purchase of a $2,000 option. Did anyone receive any kind of confirmation?

It shows on my Vehicle profile in my account, but that's it.

What number did you call? I'd like to have the same promise from Tesla.

Spencer Robinson | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
p. (877) 798-3752 | [email protected]

I ordered a model 3 and now in the waiting for a VIN process. I opted for the autopilot, but not for the FSD features. Will I still be locked in for the autopilot price before it goes up Monday? Also with the trial period for the FSD when I receive the car can I still get the lower $5K if I buy it before the trial ends or will I be paying the $7K?

Its Thursday and online shows the new price increases (except for the standard model) and my order agreement still shows the lower prices, whew! My delivery date is on the 26th and my loan company is still waiting for the signed MVPA from tesla! I have the VIN assigned and it seems tesla is slow on the documents for outside loan applications. What makes it worse is I live in Texas and miss out on the $6k of EV incentives because TX is anti-Tesla, and they make the buying/delivery process even harder just because the state feels having a middle man dealer is great for smart consumers. I'm still buying though because EV cars are necessary for us to move ahead.

I purchased EAP (9/2018 delivery) passed on FSD.

My general thought at the time was that FSD wasn’t going to be a real fully developed thing until the next generation TESLA (my next car)...

I’m happy with my decision + see no reason to give TESLA a loan for something that may or may not come to fruition.

If FSD turns out great, then I’ll know what I’m getting + be happy to fork over extra $$ coin to get it.

With that, given Tesla’s pricing history, there is no reason to believe you won’t be able to get FSD at the same or even a reduced rate in the future...

Ex. I like many paid $5K for EAP... ugh... :)