Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 M3 Long Range EAP Changed to FSD Capability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine M3 2018 M3 Long Range with 100K miles and above.
I recently purchased when it was around 99k and drove to Colorado from Bay area.
It is with EAP and Premium connectivity included package.
Today when I went into car, there was a popup (exactly don't remember)
"Upgrade of FSD Capability Completed" and press OK to close.
Then after that my software is showing

Full Self Driving Capability
Included Package

Also in my Tesla App
Upgrades -->Subscription for FSD missing
Specs
Full Self-Driving Capability
Autopilot

Autopilot Computer 2.5 Computer -->Still there
Tesla App-->Upgrades -->Software Upgrades -->Buy-->Full self-Driving Capability $6000 (Add) --->Still there

Tesla App-->Upgrades -->Manage -->Active -->
Premium Connectivity
Free unlimited

Autopilot
Included

Full Self-Driving Capability
Included

I am so much confused
Am I missing something here? Is it normal?

yes still 2.5 computer
I used to have options upgrades -->FSD for $6000 and Subscription -->Need computer to upgrade with $1000
That subscription is no more and showing as below.
You have all the software subscriptions
Check back for future updates.

But for my version of autopilot computer 2.5, without upgrade of computer subscription is not possible.
I dont see any of my accounts showing this subscription amount charged so far.
Also in the details screen, if it is subscribed, it should show that subscription validity till....date

Interesting. Do you have traffic light/stop sign control? If not, maybe Tesla is just getting rid of the EAP name since it’s really just FSD without the (now available) HW3 computer? So no changes to your features, just a name change.

Of course that doesn’t explain the lack of the HW3 computer upgrade option…

I dont have traffic light/stop sign control and smart summon.
My total feature shown that FSD and no options to upgrade as it was showing the options before upgrade to FSD $6000.
Now I dont see FSD for upgrade or subscribe now in my app.
HW is 2.5.
Thats interesting change from Tesla, but so far no one was got this kind of change.

Called Tesla and they confirmed that my car is eligible for free HW3 Computer Hardware upgrade to 3.0 to be seen all the FSD features.
Got service appointment scheduled and happy to share this new updates.
Thanks MCIVSTX for your advise.
I would check your credit card and if you have any family members or others that might have access to your Tesla account and did it by mistake, but you may have lucked out otherwise big time.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Would not trust Tesla rep just yet, check your invoice for the service appointment. Mine shows $0.00 cost for FSD upgrade but then $1,000 for upgrade billing to Add 3.0 from 2.5 .

FSD 3.0.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC