Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

*** 2018 M3 LR RWD *** FOR SALE *** $37K ***

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the specs...

2018 Long Range RWD Model 3
Black on Black
Enhanced Autopilot ($4K upgrade to FSD)
Lifetime premium connectivity (transferrable)
18" wheels (aero covers not included)
Premium Upgrades (sound system, heated front and rear seats, folding side mirrors)
Tesla all-weather mats (driver, passenger, rear, and trunk)
Pay-as-you-go supercharging
Wireless phone charger
Mileage over 83K

Interior
Looks really good.
No leather tear.
Non smoker and non pet car.
Rear trunk plastic some scratches from just getting items in and out of trunk.

Exterior
Normal wear from high mileage car but still looks really good.
Small rock chip on bottom middle center of windshield but filled in.
One small ding on driver's side door.
Tire tread is very good. (three tires have about 7/32 and one newer tire at 9/32)
Wheels are free of curb rash.

This is your chance to get a really nice Long Range RWD with all the features besides FSD. Asking price $37K but will entertain all reasonable offers. Location in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I will look to upload pictures of car and all areas of any interior and exterior items of concern. Please feel free to ask all questions and welcome constructive opinions. Also keep all comments professional and respectful to others who may read this post.

Thanks

Reactions: T-Will
Link to additional photos and walk around video below...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e4FDyxqEsHAeKh3y6

DSC00126.JPG
fullsizeoutput_69ae.jpeg

I got 39,700 for my trade. Carvana’s offer was 5 K less. Identical car to yours, 12,300 on the odo. Bought a 2020 M3 AWD. FWIW.

Kelley Blue Book lists the private party value for this vehicle in very good condition as $27,529, with a range of $25,411 to $29,646, or in good condition as $25,368, with a range of $23,276 to $27,459. This car seems to be borderline between very good and good condition (I took their quiz and erred on the side of better condition for things I didn't know, like brake wear and such, and it gave me "very good" if I put the exterior as having only minor scratches, but with any dents or paint chips it moves it to "good"). I googled Tulsa zip codes and used the first one listed (74008).

I'd be very interested in seriously discussing this vehicle if you're open to a price that's in line with the value of the vehicle. I don't drive frequently (I bike to work in non-COVID times, but take trips out of town ~50-200 miles away every 2 or 3 weeks), so a higher mileage car, if priced accordingly, makes sense for me. I'd happily travel to Tulsa to pick it up if an agreement can be reached.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss in private.

Kelley Blue Book lists the private party value for this vehicle in very good condition as $27,529, with a range of $25,411 to $29,646, or in good condition as $25,368, with a range of $23,276 to $27,459. This car seems to be borderline between very good and good condition (I took their quiz and erred on the side of better condition for things I didn't know, like brake wear and such, and it gave me "very good" if I put the exterior as having only minor scratches, but with any dents or paint chips it moves it to "good"). I googled Tulsa zip codes and used the first one listed (74008).

I'd be very interested in seriously discussing this vehicle if you're open to a price that's in line with the value of the vehicle. I don't drive frequently (I bike to work in non-COVID times, but take trips out of town ~50-200 miles away every 2 or 3 weeks), so a higher mileage car, if priced accordingly, makes sense for me. I'd happily travel to Tulsa to pick it up if an agreement can be reached.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss in private.
Plz let me know if you find LR M3 for $27K. I would like to buy a few. On a serious note, KBB is not an indicator for Teslas. It values MXs at least $10K higher than what they r worth. It’s the other way for M3s

GLWS OP

• Love
Reactions: ra88it
Plz let me know if you find LR M3 for $27K. I would like to buy a few. On a serious note, KBB is not an indicator for Teslas. It values MXs at least $10K higher than what they r worth. It’s the other way for M3s

GLWS OP
Assuming a new price of ~$45k (actual new price may have varied between each of these vehicles, but the difference is largely irrelevant, since they're all comparable and on the same market now), and the two comparables that are listed at $37k with 28k and 35k miles, respectively, exptrapolating a car with ~84k miles to the high 20s or just under $30k seems very reasonable.

I haven't seen a Model 3 with anything close to ~84k miles on the private market before this, so I would not have expected to see a price appropriate for that kind of mileage until now. You can dismiss KBB, but their estimate doesn't seem unreasonable given that this car has ~2.5 to 3 times the mileage of cars currently listed at $37k, which have already depreciated ~$8k. It's also past the primary warranty, and is approaching the limits of the battery warranty (I think this one would have a 100,000 mile battery warranty, but not sure).

I think this has only Autopilot not Enhanced. Which as of July 1 FSD would cost $8k on that particular car. Other items not sure if it includes transferrable lifetime premium connectivity and Homelink Garage Opener. It's a comp but apples to apples not sure.
The difference between AP and EAP on a car with 84k miles doesn't seem like it would be worth multiple thousands of dollars.

I don't have any interest in buying FSD, and I don't have a use for a Homelink Garage Opener, so those are irrelevant to me. You can hope to find someone who values those things disproportionately highly, but a $300 garage opener that requires specific equipment in the buyer's garage (if they even have one, I don't, and there are two Teslas on my street, neither garaged, so assuming everyone has one would be naive) on a heavily-used vehicle likely has negligible value in the used market.

The price at which you can upgrade to FSD can be relevant if the interested buyer happens to want to upgrade immediately, but Tesla can, and sometimes does, offer discounts to people who have it available for higher prices. If I wanted an 84k mile car with FSD, I would look (or wait) for one that already has it. This level of mileage starts to make paying thousands to Tesla to upgrade to FSD less attractive than it would be for a lower mileage vehicle, since a significant chunk of the life of the vehicle in which it could be used is already in the past, and considering that FSD is still largely undeveloped and may not offer much of an upgrade over AP/EAP during the life of this vehicle. Therefore, it may be difficult to find someone who is interested enough in upgrading this vehicle to make the FSD upgrade price relevant.

Fact of the matter is, this high of mileage is largely unprecedented on the private market for this vehicle, but fair value seems to be somewhere under $30k. I am interested in this vehicle for a fair price. You can wait and hope for some fool who will overpay due to lack of discipline or lack of understanding of the market if you want.

I don't think it does much good to continue arguing publicly about the value of the vehicle, and I think the facts make pretty clear that it is significantly lower than what you're asking. If you're willing to entertain something in the high 20s to potentially $30k (exact offer depending on some answers to other questions about details of the vehicle that I would want answered), then PM me, and we'll discuss. I would be happy to drive to Tulsa late this week or next weekend to have it inspected by a mechanic and complete the deal if we can agree to something in principle in advance.