Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 M3 No heat in first six minutes of drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Temperatures down today to about 12°. For the first seven minutes of the drive, the system would only blow cool air. I fiddled with various different modes, defroster off, AC off, and finally the system started blowing hot air, and ramping up the fan.

Obviously, this is not like an ICE, I don’t have to wait for an engine to come up to operating temperature, it should be in electric heater that comes up to temperature pretty much immediately. Do I need to take my car in for service?

Don't know if this is related to your problem. I posted this in another thread...

I was wondering why I had no heat in my 22 M3 LR. I had the middle button ( #3 ) selected (no AC) and cool air blew out of the dash vents. When I pressed the up arrow (above) button or the down arrow (below) button , the heat came out of the selected vents and the dash vents just fine. So, I am beginning to think that Tesla may have changed that middle button to only bring in outside air (no heat) to the dash vents when it is the only button selected.

GUID-52603571-37D0-48A9-9B49-49C94C3EB05D-online-en-US.png

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
We had a 14 degree F day this morning. Car was in garage at 38 degrees. Backed it outside, tuned heat on and felt it almost immediately. Car fully heated after a few minutes. Drove 7 miles and left it in a parking lot for a couple of hours. I turned the heat on before I left the store. Car was warm by the time I walked to it. Drove to another store but this time I set heat to maintain interior temperature. Came back 1/2 hr later and interior was warm. The heat in the car performed perfectly today. I have a 22 M3 with the heat pump.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and XPsionic