TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - USA ~ $35k before incentives

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by renim, Sep 28, 2017.

1. renim

renim Member

2. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

They have been saying it would be coming for years. They will do well if it does show up.

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

At last!

That should be at least 3 more for our Drive Electric Week Ride & Drive next year.
    - 2018 Leaf
    - 2018 Outlander PHEV
    - 2018 Pacifica (Stop sale means nothing here)
    (Plus I'm hoping there will be a bunch of Model 3s around, and it'd be nice if mine was there.)

4. arcus

arcus Member

I do hope they deliver on the promise this time round! I've been eying this as a replacement for my wife's car for a while (another Outlander, non the less).

5. miimura

miimura Active Member

This is interesting for people that need backup power. They provide a 1,500 Watt inverter for 120VAC power. It draws directly from the traction battery. The CHAdeMO port is also present. Mitsubishi had previously said that it would be eliminated on the US model. Not only does it allow you to charge faster at DCFC stations, but it would also allow you to use a Leaf-to-Home style device when and if those are made available here with compatible AC voltages.

The front 60kW motor-generator coupled to the ICE and transmission plus the 60kW rear motor should provide adequate all-electric performance in the city.

2018 Outlander PHEV Press Kit