Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 L R RWD experiencing gradual slowdowns from 75 mph. No accelerator response. [using FSD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3 L R RWD experiencing gradual slowdowns from 75 mph on AP, Nav on AP & manual. It starts @ 50+ miles.
No accelerator response until the car slows below 65 mph then pumping pedal or reengage AP the care will continue up to set 75 mph speed. Once this starts, it repeats about every 6-8 minutes for the rest of the drive on an interstate. I can drive 100 miles on surface highways below 70 mph and it never happens. Every trip on I95 from Melbourne, FL to Ormand Beach & back it happens. This has only happened below 75 mph twice in 2021 once at 64 mph driving manually on 295 in Jacksonville & 12/25/2021 in traffic on AP. I did not notice this until the traffic cleared & AP did not resume set speed. I was down to 58 mph &had to slow to 54 & pump the accelerator to get the speed up.
Right before the car starts to slow, I've notices a pulsing in my seat like the accelerator is very slightly pulsing. At the first service call they could not find anything wrong and asked me to keep a long of the times, dates & locations. but I have only travelled once of 50 + on I 95 since that last service. I thought it may have been fixed but I was wrong.
My Xmas trip North was via I4 & US 17 at speeds of 75 for 30 miles and US 17 for 100 miles at speeds of max 65mph with no issues. The trip back on Xmas day I used US17, SR100 & US1 for 63 miles at speeds 35 to 68 mph with no issues then I 95 South at speeds of 75 for 30 miles my first issue at speeds of 75 for 21 miles at Mile marker 250 the first slow down happened while on AP. I canceled AP slowed to 64 mph & accelerated to 75 & engaged AP. in about 8 minutes the car slowed again. I disengaged AP and when the car was at 64, I engaged AP and it accelerated to 75. This continued every 6 to 8 minutes for the rest of my drive on I 95.
Service can't find any thing but dis a memory wipe and reinstalled SW & Maps. I have had two updates since my first issue & I'm on 2021.44.25.6 (FSD BETA).
Anyone else?

Anyone else?
Yes, me. Nav on AP, set to 80 in a 70 (I-40). Gradually slowed to 30 before I tapped the accelerator, car resumed speed. No one in front of me, no one behind, no overhanging signs, no merge lanes, no bridges. Just from out of nowhere. Has happened several times. Set speed remained at 80 through the entire slow down.

AP/FSD is pretty darn good at steering, but absolutely awful at acceleration & deceleration.