Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 LR Rear Amplifier Cutting Out and No Subwoofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost my sub woofer and my rear speakers are cutting in and out every second.

I found a thread where the owner disconnected and reconnected the three harnesses going into the rear amp. (Model 3 Audio Flat Sounding From Rear Speakers?).

When doing this, I found that the largest connecter had moisture in it.

The amplifier is flashing an orange\red led and reconnecting it didn't fix the issue.

I've setup a service appointment as I'm guessing the moisture shorted out the amplifier. It's out of warranty and I'd hate to see the overcharge to replace the amp.

I've never accessed this area before and have no idea how moisture got into that connection. The rest of the area was dry without any evidence of moisture. Not sure if somehow a drip came in and landed on the connection?

Anyone have a similar issue that they've been able to fix on their own, or confirm the issue?

Just received the estimate for the amplifier replacement for $728.50. :(

$220.00 for a Low voltage integrity check. Does anyone know what this actually is?

Attachments

• IMG_75B5629836CC-1.jpeg
    IMG_75B5629836CC-1.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 263
I lost my sub woofer and my rear speakers are cutting in and out every second.

I found a thread where the owner disconnected and reconnected the three harnesses going into the rear amp. (Model 3 Audio Flat Sounding From Rear Speakers?).

When doing this, I found that the largest connecter had moisture in it.

The amplifier is flashing an orange\red led and reconnecting it didn't fix the issue.

I've setup a service appointment as I'm guessing the moisture shorted out the amplifier. It's out of warranty and I'd hate to see the overcharge to replace the amp.

I've never accessed this area before and have no idea how moisture got into that connection. The rest of the area was dry without any evidence of moisture. Not sure if somehow a drip came in and landed on the connection?

Anyone have a similar issue that they've been able to fix on their own, or confirm the issue?
I had the same issue a few years ago in my 2018 M3P. Sounded like the rear speakers were "clipping" (cutting in and out), and I drove to the Service Center in Bellevue, WA to talk to someone directly about it. They had a mechanic take a look at it in the parking lot and turned out it was a loose audio connector at the computer under the dash. Five minutes later I was back on the road and the issue resolved. They confirmed for me that the subwoofer was also not working as part of the issue, but I never really noticed that. No charge for this either. Granted, it was still under warranty at that point.

Whe
I had the same issue a few years ago in my 2018 M3P. Sounded like the rear speakers were "clipping" (cutting in and out), and I drove to the Service Center in Bellevue, WA to talk to someone directly about it. They had a mechanic take a look at it in the parking lot and turned out it was a loose audio connector at the computer under the dash. Five minutes later I was back on the road and the issue resolved. They confirmed for me that the subwoofer was also not working as part of the issue, but I never really noticed that. No charge for this either. Granted, it was still under warranty at that point.
were the rear speakers cutting in and out every second consistently in your situation or would they stay on for random times and cut out for random times?

Hello! I just bought a 2018 Model 3.

I am having the exact same problem. Seems that my sub and all speaker's except for the dash speakers would cut in and out. I noticed it would happen more commonly if the Sub/bass setting were up and if the volume was high.

I had a mobile tech come out and he put a new amplifier in and it did not fix the problem so he put my old amp back in and did not charge me and scheduled me at a service center.

After my old amp being put back in the sub and door speakers are just not working at all. just the dash speakers. So he made the problem worse!

My car is now at the service center and they are trying to have me replace the vehicle's computer, which to me does not make sense. I had just rears another thread from someone who had their computer replaced due to the same problem but it didn't solve it.

I have no idea what to do and was wondering if you figured out what was causing the problem for you and how you solved it. Honestly seems like the service center has no clue what is going on.

Id appreciate anymore information you have on this issue. Thanks.

Hello! I just bought a 2018 Model 3.

I am having the exact same problem. Seems that my sub and all speaker's except for the dash speakers would cut in and out. I noticed it would happen more commonly if the Sub/bass setting were up and if the volume was high.

I had a mobile tech come out and he put a new amplifier in and it did not fix the problem so he put my old amp back in and did not charge me and scheduled me at a service center.

After my old amp being put back in the sub and door speakers are just not working at all. just the dash speakers. So he made the problem worse!

My car is now at the service center and they are trying to have me replace the vehicle's computer, which to me does not make sense. I had just rears another thread from someone who had their computer replaced due to the same problem but it didn't solve it.

I have no idea what to do and was wondering if you figured out what was causing the problem for you and how you solved it. Honestly seems like the service center has no clue what is going on.

Id appreciate anymore information you have on this issue. Thanks.
How was the main computer to replace? Im in the same boat where I have lost door speakers and sub.
I find it hard to imagine that a technological advanced car like the Tesla can't put in fuses to stop shorting.