Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 LR RWD Parking Sensor Harness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, I bought a used July 2018 Model 3 in August 2020. I live in Central KY and we recently had a lot of snow and ice. After I cleared my car, one of my front parking sensors died. I bought a new sensor and replaced it myself with no luck. Tesla Service came to my house today to replace my checkstraps on my front doors. I was told by the tech that the estimate for the sensor would be around $900 if the harness failed. I am absolutely not paying Tesla $900 for a sensor replacement. I've taken the front bumper off myself to check the sensor out and to replace it, but I'm thinking I will need a harness. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I'm looking to repair it myself because paying that much to Tesla is my last option. Does anyone know of a reliable place to order parts or does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

I also have a 6/18 LR RWD so I'm hoping this wont happen to me. Was the parking sensor damaged by snow, otherwise it seems like this would be a warranty issue.

I would check eBay for the harness if you feel like you can fix this yourself.

I also have a 6/18 LR RWD so I'm hoping this wont happen to me. Was the parking sensor damaged by snow, otherwise it seems like this would be a warranty issue.

I would check eBay for the harness if you feel like you can fix this yourself.
Not sure if it was damaged by the snow. Mobile service is coming to fix it this week. I'm well out of my warranty so this is going to be a $400 fix.