Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 (no autopilot)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to buy a used tesla model 3 long range. I just found out the image that the seller sent me earlier that is actually a screenshot from the app. It says "Autopilot upgrades - autopilot ($3000) Full Self-driving capability ($10000) - image attached

So my question is. Does that car has anything like autopilot? Does it slow down? Anything like that?

Sorry I am a newbie

Attachments

• f16a9fec-dad2-463d-a036-e2b4a64f870f.JPG
    f16a9fec-dad2-463d-a036-e2b4a64f870f.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 313
I am about to buy a used tesla model 3 long range. I just found out the image that the seller sent me earlier that is actually a screenshot from the app. It says "Autopilot upgrades - autopilot ($3000) Full Self-driving capability ($10000) - image attached

So my question is. Does that car has anything like autopilot? Does it slow down? Anything like that?

Sorry I am a newbie

That would mean that the car doesnt have autopilot. 2018s only had "enhanced autopilot" and full self driving available. Tesla removed enhanced autopilot, and then came out with autopilot only and full self driving.

The short version of it is, that car does not have any of the autopilot features, because it was sold before autopilot was standard. Autopilot became standard in april of 2019. So, no, it doesnt have any of the stuff turned on that does lane keeping, etc.

@jjrandorin explained very well why your car doesn't have any $3,000 Autopilot nor $10,000 FSD already and I would like to add:

Your car still has the basic Active Safety Features but they are nowhere as good as paid features above:

• Automatic Emergency Braking: Detects cars or obstacles that the car may impact and applies the brakes accordingly
  • Front Collision Warning: Warns of impending collisions with slower moving or stationary cars
  • Side Collision Warning: Warns of potential collisions with obstacles alongside the car
  • Obstacle Aware Acceleration: Automatically reduces acceleration when an obstacle is detected in front of your car while driving at low speeds
  • Blind Spot Monitoring: Warns when a car or obstacle is detected when changing lanes
  • Lane Departure Avoidance: Applies corrective steering to keep your car in the intended lane
  • Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance: Steers your car back into the driving lane when it detects that your car is departing its lane and there could be a collision

Unless the price on that car is very low, and you think you could live without the autopilot features, i think you might consider trying to find one with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). It's not unusual to find a 2018 model selling with EAP for the same price or a little more than one without. EAP will give you everything the Full Self Driving option would, except for traffic light and stop sign control and (upcoming someday) self driving on city streets. EAP is no longer available on new Teslas, but it's worth finding it on a used model.

Reactions: jjrandorin