Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 / MODEL 3 / P3D / SILVER - Greater Sacramento Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Growing family and selling our like-new 2018 Model 3 Performance. Purchased October, 2018 at Tesla Rocklin, CA.

Garaged and low miles: 1,535
Silver Metallic with Black Interior
Autopilot & Full Self Driving
Clear history.
No accidents.
No smoking.
No pets.

PM for more information.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Driver Side.JPG
    Driver Side.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: P-Lo801
Is 58k a ridiculous price though? With the fed rebate and destination & doc fee, a new one costs $66,225. A discount of $8,000 (12 percent) for a near new car with 1,500 miles doesn't sound so bad to me

Not sure the taxes and title for Used Cali Priv to Priv, but

2018 1500miles = $58k
2019 0 miles = ~$62k after rebate

So 6% discount for a used car that is a year older, isn't really a "deal"
From what I've been seeing around the net, $54k - $59k is the rough going rate for Performance Model 3s for now though :)

I think that comment is that due to getting a $7500 rebate, asking $58k is close to what he paid before taxes + fees, etc.
Most people looking for used cars are looking for a steal I feel, and right now the Model 3 P isn't at a steal worthy price for used IMHO.

Buyers will be looking for low 50ks for Model 3 P
Sellers will be looking for high 50ks for now

Based on what I've been watching.

Reactions: KSilver2000
PS: I guess you can't edit on this forum (sorry new :X) Not bashing on the pricing of your car OP :) You ask what you feel it's worth, and the demand says the rest :D GLWS though!

PSS: If your family would like a 71 chevelle I'd be interested ;D

Is 58k a ridiculous price though? With the fed rebate and destination & doc fee, a new one costs $66,225. A discount of $8,000 (12 percent) for a near new car with 1,500 miles doesn't sound so bad to me
Saying "I'm out. GLWS" is not the same thing as calling someones price ridiculous. It simply means he is not interested at that price and wishes the seller luck. You inferred the rest.

We’re all recalibrating our understanding and expectations for used Model 3 values which are holding up better than we’re use to seeing (both for Teslas and for cars in general). This is great news for owners and investors.

Values are holding just because the current cars are on latest technology. The moment a new tech comes out, the existing ones are going to lose much more value. Same happened with model S although Model 3 is a cheaper car and will lose value at a lower rate vs S. Also, there are limited used cars for sale since most cars are less than 2 years old and there isn't much CPO 3 for sale. As times goes by, the for sale car volume will go up and there will be sellers who would be looking for a quick sale which may bring the values down. Performance models will obviously take the bigger hit than the cheapest versions.

Values are holding just because the current cars are on latest technology. The moment a new tech comes out, the existing ones are going to lose much more value. Same happened with model S although Model 3 is a cheaper car and will lose value at a lower rate vs S. Also, there are limited used cars for sale since most cars are less than 2 years old and there isn't much CPO 3 for sale. As times goes by, the for sale car volume will go up and there will be sellers who would be looking for a quick sale which may bring the values down. Performance models will obviously take the bigger hit than the cheapest versions.

We’re unlikely to see a refresh of Model 3 anytime soon. And the design is now 2 years old. First deliveries were in July 2017. I think values will hold up surprisingly well especially as more self driving features are added.

P3D base price: $59,900
Silver: $1,000
FSD: $6,000
Destination/Doc: $1,200
Federal Rebate: -$1,875

Comes to $66,225, not $62,000. He's selling his super low mileage car for $58k which is a $8,225, or 12%, discount.

Can't count the destination/doc fee unless you live next door to seller, which most people won't. So calc cost of getting there, and getting car back. Or shipping.
They just bumped the rebate down, I do admit my error there :)

It's not the "it's a discount vs what you would pay" it's, he's selling the car for close to what he bought it for 1-1.5 years ago with 1500 miles on it.

Not sure the taxes and title for Used Cali Priv to Priv, but

2018 1500miles = $58k
2019 0 miles = ~$62k after rebate

So 6% discount for a used car that is a year older, isn't really a "deal"
From what I've been seeing around the net, $54k - $59k is the rough going rate for Performance Model 3s for now though :)

I think that comment is that due to getting a $7500 rebate, asking $58k is close to what he paid before taxes + fees, etc.
Most people looking for used cars are looking for a steal I feel, and right now the Model 3 P isn't at a steal worthy price for used IMHO.

Buyers will be looking for low 50ks for Model 3 P
Sellers will be looking for high 50ks for now

Based on what I've been watching.

Also, seller could have got $2,500 rebate from CA state and $500 utility company rebate (which is now $800). So, probably ~$59K was his purchase price.

Model 3 used prices are nothing to trip over for yet. I am betting likely next year we will see the typical 40% to 45% drop in used 3 prices, especially when the Y starts to be mass produced and 3 leases start coming back.