Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Performance Dual Motor Long Range with Full Self-Driving Included! Must see!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance. Top of the line Model 3 you can buy. Save money on taxes buying private party.

-26,000 miles.
-Premium black 10/10 interior - like new
-Full-self-driving upgrade included ($10,000 upgrade)
-Performance dual motor = 0-60 in 3.2 seconds (it feels much faster)
-Performance upgrade package with track mode v2
-Pay as you go supercharging
-100% charges up to 289 miles
-Wrapping in Inozetek Supergloss Metallic Dandelion Yellow (With all the Model 3s out there, this stands out and looks phenomenal! -removable if you'd like - installed 3 months ago so its in perfect condition) ($5000 upgrade)
-Perfect condition Obsidian Metallic Black underneath the wrap ($2000 option)
-Tinted windows ($300 upgrade)
-Chrome delete ($600 upgrade)
-Heated front and rear seats
-20" Tesla Performance wheels ($4000 upgrade)
-Wrap was ceramic coated
-Premium Hi-Fi sound system
-Tesla red painted calipers
-Built in Tesla Dashcam and sentry mode (500gb SSD included)

Clean title, clean carfax. The car is like new. Still have bumper-bumper new car warranty until Sept 2022 (40K) and battery/driveunit warranty until Sept 2026 (120K miles). Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Such a safe, economical, and stunning car.

$58,999.
IMG_8718.jpg
IMG_8727.jpg
IMG_8730.jpg
IMG_8736.jpg
IMG_8741.jpg
IMG_8747.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8826.jpg
    IMG_8826.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Tesla-MOdel-3-2021-new-interior.jpg
    Tesla-MOdel-3-2021-new-interior.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Not sure why you are calling the black paint a "$2,000 option" and the Wheels a "4,000 option" other than to make your car not look like you are charging more than the price of a new one. Of course you are free to do that, but a brand new model 3 performance comes with those "4k option" wheels, and if you select the black paint, the price of a new one is $57,990 (a 1k increase, not 2k as you incorrectly state).

You paid whatever you paid for, for the wrap etc, but the cost of the wheels and black paint is not what you say it is, even on a brand new one.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Not sure why you are calling the black paint a "$2,000 option" and the Wheels a "4,000 option" other than to make your car not look like you are charging more than the price of a new one. Of course you are free to do that, but a brand new model 3 performance comes with those "4k option" wheels, and if you select the black paint, the price of a new one is $57,990 (a 1k increase, not 2k as you incorrectly state).

You paid whatever you paid for, for the wrap etc, but the cost of the wheels and black paint is not what you say it is, even on a brand new one.
Hello,

To be fair, I did pay extra for the Obsidian black metallic paint. It is an upgrade when compared to solid black. They actually don't even have OBM available for purchase anymore. Also I guess the performance upgrade package includes the carbon fiber spoiler, 20" performance wheels etc. But if you go to buy these wheels today they are listed at 4000 on Tesla's website.

Lastly, the price of a new one is actually $67,990 + minimum of 8% sales tax = $73,429 at best.

I would say that 56-59K vs. 73.4K is a huge difference for essentially the same product with just 26K mile difference. Not to mention the ~6000 saved to get the windows tinted, chrome deleted, and protective wrap installed.

I have (and purchased new in 2018) a model 3 performance, so I know what the costs were then. Not trying to @!#$ in your thread, but the black paint then is the same as it is now. In 2018 you couldnt have paid extra for black, because it was the free color then. There were never 2 colors of black paint on model 3s, only one, which is the same black they charge for NOW, but was free then.

Your selling point is "this vehicle includes FSD for the same price as one that doesnt", which is totally fair, but I am not sure why you are trying to make things look different than what they are.

I have (and purchased new in 2018) a model 3 performance, so I know what the costs were then. Not trying to @!#$ in your thread, but the black paint then is the same as it is now. In 2018 you couldnt have paid extra for black, because it was the free color then. There were never 2 colors of black paint on model 3s, only one, which is the same black they charge for NOW, but was free then.

Your selling point is "this vehicle includes FSD for the same price as one that doesnt", which is totally fair, but I am not sure why you are trying to make things look different than what they are.
Sorry but you are wrong... It was a $2000 upgrade. I agree about the wheels however, those are included in the Performance Upgrade Package which was optional in 2018, but now is included with the new M3P. However, a similar spec car today runs close to $73K and mine is being offered for $56-59K, with the vinyl protective wrap/tint/ceramic coating. For the right person, this would be a great deal. Plus they wouldn't have to wait.

Not trying to make the car look different than what it is. Just pointing out the options that I paid for and were upgrades at the time.

Here is more info:

Tesla is sending out an email to reservation holders and potential buyers about the removal of “Metallic Silver” and “Obsidian Black ” as paint options from all their online vehicle configurators:

“In order to increase our production, delivery and service efficiency, we will be removing Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic as paint options from our online vehicle configurators for Model S, Model X and Model 3. This will be effective on Thursday, September 13, 2018, after which Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic will be offered only as limited edition colors via special request at a cost of $2,000 only until Friday, September 21, 2018.”

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
OBM was definitely a paid option on a 2018 TM3 (I know because I bought one). Given your moderator status @jjrandorin, you should do a bit of research then update your post accordingly. GLWS

Ok, so thats fair.

I didnt start looking at teslas until October of 2018, and I bought mine in the beginning of december of 2018, so I missed the first few months of model 3 production.

If this car was bought near the beginning to middle of 2018, it makes sense that the OP had to pay extra for the "performance package upgrade", which is where they are getting the cost for the wheels, which have been included in the price since after the end of 3rd quarter 2018.

In October 2018 , the only "black" paint available was free, and I didnt know there was at one point two different black paints offered. I thought it was more like the white paint, which was, if I remember, 2k when I bought my car, and is the exact same white paint that is available for free now.

I'm not understanding why you think selling private party would save on sales tax/fees. You still have to pay sales tax on used cars private party when the other party goes to register the vehicle which is the same amount as buying new. 7-10% depending on where they register.

I'm considering selling my vehicle as well but wanted to confirm I'm not wrong.

I'm not understanding why you think selling private party would save on sales tax/fees. You still have to pay sales tax on used cars private party when the other party goes to register the vehicle which is the same amount as buying new. 7-10% depending on where they register.

90% of the people who purchase from a private party (not financed) claim a purchase price different from the actual amount to reduce their tax liability. I'm surprised everyone doesn't know this.

Of course if you finance the car, you don't have that ability.

Depends on the state. In Illinois private party saves about half on sales tax.
Beyond sales tax there are those various fees like doc fees, transportation fees and what not. Private party allows a buyer to avoid those sorts of fees too.

From what I have read, as a person that doesn't live in CA, I really want to avoid buying a car in CA from a dealer, because I would get hit with sales tax in CA, and in my home state.

Reactions: TwistedGray
Unless you only finance part of the car.

Correct, but that amount could be what you paid for the car.

For example - if you find a $60,000 car you want, you could give the owner $30,000 in cash and then go into the cu/bank and finance the remaining $30,000. You report to them that you are paying $30,000 for the car and consequently you would only pay the taxes on that $30,000. In California that's a substantial amount (approx. $2,000-3,000).

Of course, there are ways around this, too, but I won't go into details on a public forum.