Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S 100D High Voltage Battery Pack Replacement

Sorry to see that happened. I've seen this come up though.

Yours should be fully under warranty. Tesla frequently provides a free Tesla loaner for these situations. We Tesla owners should push for more reliable vehicles, and I'd like to see the million-mile main battery they talked about within the last few years used as a replacement battery when needed.

Rowfam

Jul 30, 2020
Uk
I have the same issue with my Model S that has only done 67,000 Very upsetting to buy a car that is suppose to last between 300-500k to be told in needs a new battery at 67,000 and it will cost almost £15,000!! Has anyone else experienced?

I have the same issue with my Model S that has only done 67,000 Very upsetting to buy a car that is suppose to last between 300-500k to be told in needs a new battery at 67,000 and it will cost almost £15,000!! Has anyone else experienced?
Sorry to hear about that. Out of curiosity, who said that bolded part? There seem to be plenty of fanboys who believe it and will repeat and spread numbers like that...

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon

Why would a Model S with a 100 kWh pack be out of the battery pack warranty? Is it a salvage vehicle?

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon

In looking at your other posts, I see you imported this car into the UK from Hong Kong which is a different warranty region, so you have no warranty in the UK. Surely round trip shipping to Hong Kong to get the pack replaced under warranty is cheaper than £15,000.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Car died in North Carolina and I live in South Florida....it's been a journey.
Tesla has been great to deal with, so far....fingers crossed.
Everything is covered under the 8-year battery warranty.
Not easy to get a Tesla loaner due to low inventory but they are providing a loaner from a car rental agency. It's definitely not like driving a Model S, but it does get me where I need to go.

My battery pack was replaced under warranty at 49k in my December build 2018 Model S 100D. The car died. It probably took 6-8 weeks to replace in November 2021.

I did get a Model 3 loaner.
Did tesla provide a new battery or is this a refurbished battery, did you get the promised range after replacement that was at or above your battery range before it died?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC