Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S 100D High Voltage Battery Pack Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model S 100D with 22,000 miles and was told I need to replace the high voltage battery pack because the battery and car are 100% inoperable. I was told 6-8 weeks? Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you have any advice on how to get the work expedited?

Sorry to see that happened. I've seen this come up though.

Yours should be fully under warranty. Tesla frequently provides a free Tesla loaner for these situations. We Tesla owners should push for more reliable vehicles, and I'd like to see the million-mile main battery they talked about within the last few years used as a replacement battery when needed.

I have the same issue with my Model S that has only done 67,000 Very upsetting to buy a car that is suppose to last between 300-500k to be told in needs a new battery at 67,000 and it will cost almost £15,000!! Has anyone else experienced?

I have the same issue with my Model S that has only done 67,000 Very upsetting to buy a car that is suppose to last between 300-500k to be told in needs a new battery at 67,000 and it will cost almost £15,000!! Has anyone else experienced?
Sorry to hear about that. Out of curiosity, who said that bolded part? There seem to be plenty of fanboys who believe it and will repeat and spread numbers like that...

Why would a Model S with a 100 kWh pack be out of the battery pack warranty? Is it a salvage vehicle?

In looking at your other posts, I see you imported this car into the UK from Hong Kong which is a different warranty region, so you have no warranty in the UK. Surely round trip shipping to Hong Kong to get the pack replaced under warranty is cheaper than £15,000.

Car died in North Carolina and I live in South Florida....it's been a journey.
Tesla has been great to deal with, so far....fingers crossed.
Everything is covered under the 8-year battery warranty.
Not easy to get a Tesla loaner due to low inventory but they are providing a loaner from a car rental agency. It's definitely not like driving a Model S, but it does get me where I need to go.

I have a 2018 Model S 100D with 22,000 miles and was told I need to replace the high voltage battery pack because the battery and car are 100% inoperable. I was told 6-8 weeks? Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you have any advice on how to get the work expedited?
I was told the same on my 2020 Model S with less than 25,000 miles. Another person on Facebook said they have waiting 3 months.