Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S 75D extended warranty / repair costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It comes down to these two lines
I don't see the battery failure being excluded from those two lines. Clearly, the policy was designed to exclude lots of stuff that goes wrong on an ICE car. I suspect you'll need to pay for the new battery. Then sue the warranty people for payment. As to what a court might decide, that's a big question mark. I suspect the warranty people will do everything possible to not pay out hoping you'll give up. If Oregon has a small claims court, it's far easier and cheaper to do, but there is an upper limit. In some places like CA, the limit is $10K. For more than that, you'll need lawyers and it starts to get really costly.

The Tesla ESA was actually a good warranty, relative to a typical dealer extended warranty like the one you got. I hope you can get something out of the dealer as it feels very scammy.

The Extended Warranty I bought was from a third-party and would not cover anything due to corrosion or wear and tear--they can deny any claim they want. I do not EVER recommend a third-party warranty for Tesla unless they explicitly state they will cover any power train failure, no matter what. No exceptions.
I'm in the market for a 3d party extended and doing my research before I buy a 2015 Model S. I do understand you are negative on all of them, but in specific, can you tell us which company you decided on (and we should avoid?) Thanks!