Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 model s can bus location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys i have a 2018 model s and i just bought an ev sound generator. I know its silly but i wanted to try it out and have a lough with my petrol head body's. It requires connecting wires to the can bus and i searched online and found a can bus underneath the 17" screen how ever the company said the location is at the passenger foot well ? Im assuming they were referring to model 3 . Anyone know the location to the can bus high and low? Much appreciated 🙏

Hello guys i have a 2018 model s and i just bought an ev sound generator. I know its silly but i wanted to try it out and have a lough with my petrol head body's. It requires connecting wires to the can bus and i searched online and found a can bus underneath the 17" screen how ever the company said the location is at the passenger foot well ? Im assuming they were referring to model 3 . Anyone know the location to the can bus high and low? Much appreciated 🙏
Have a 2018 100D Model S and attached my OBDLink scanner to the diag canbus connector you mentioned underneath the 17'' screen without any issue. I am not affiliated with teslatap but found their page quite informative, so hope it is ok to share this link here:

Have a 2018 100D Model S and attached my OBDLink scanner to the diag canbus connector you mentioned underneath the 17'' screen without any issue. I am not affiliated with teslatap but found their page quite informative, so hope it is ok to share this link here:
Ok thanks alot ill check it out . I hope it will be as clear to determine can bus high and canbus low