Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S Doing Lane Correction with AP Disengaged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed something 'strange' recently with my 2018 Model S 75D (AP v9) - while driving home, on side streets, it felt like my alignment was a bit off, and the car was 'pulling' slightly (in this case, to the left (median lane) whenever I would allow the wheels to cross over the actual lane line? Almost as if the steering was slightly locked in that position, but very easy to recover using the steering wheel (not nearly as 'locked' as when using AP).

I experimented with this a few times on my drive and noticed it would happen intermittently (not always) when I would allow the wheels to cross over a solid lane marking? Again, I DID NOT have Auto Pilot engaged.

Is the car actively 'helping' me maintain position in a lane, when it senses I am drifting out of the lane? Or is this some fluke thing, more attributed to the steering 'sticking' a bit?

My apologies, as I know this isn't the best explanation, but wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?

Thanks!