Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S how to spot premium interior and mcu2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Buying a used Model S is pain in the ass because listed models have horrible info about them. There is never even mentioned is the MCU 1 or 2, even though it was changed during 2018. Also horse power is 99% of cases listed as 332hp altough every single 75D 2018 should be 525hp. I don't trust these used car stores at all - they know nothing about teslas.

It's never listed what the MCU is or does the car have premium interior audio. Is there any way to spot these things from pictures? Does premium interior have different seats? I see 2 seat options in 2018 S, full leather (vegan maybe) or half leather. Is this a sign that other one have premium interior and other does not?

And yes, I asked the salesman but he had no idea what MCU is.. :D

I started to think is it possible that here in europe 2018 model S 75D might not be uncorked version? If they ship those so late here? Anyone can confirm that european 2018 S 75D is always "uncorked" and has 525hp? I really don't want 330hp version and I know it shouldn't be but I have doubts because these online car companies always say clearly 330hp.

If the type of Infotainment Processor is : 'NVIDIA Tegra', then it's MCU1.
'Intel Atom' is for MCU2.

Goto the 'Service' page and select 'More Information'
Thanks!

Do you think that the bar showing battery is any kind of sign of battery degradation? The car I'm looking has intel atom but now I'm a bit worried that it's almost full bar battery but still shows only 313km of range (it should be 400+km). Is this indicator that it has quite a bit of degradation or does it calculate that based on drivers last 50 km consumption which also is displayed on the screen?

I'm not sure but the displayed range of 313 km could be Typical range (based on the type of driving and trips) and 400+ km should be the Rated range (WLTP).

Goto the Display page and check which Energie display has been selected : 'Rated' or 'Typical'.
'Estimated' is based on the last trips average.

Reactions: Question