Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S instrument cluster ghosting (MCU2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experience ghosting on the instrument cluster of their Model S/X on MCU2? Whenever I go into drive or into park, I still see the Model S sideways on the screen but faint, and also when going into park I still see the 0 MPH on the screen but ghosted like in the background. Never happened on my 2014 MS MCU1 or MCU2.

The photo attached is the battery percentage ghosted into the background.

Attachments

• 0A341A70-6AC6-4516-B00F-DFBDEB68E53B.jpeg
    0A341A70-6AC6-4516-B00F-DFBDEB68E53B.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 113
Probably an "artifact" from a prior build that never got removed. On another unexplainable - yesterday SiriusXM completely disappeared from the bottom available sources, and wasn't an option to select when I went into Settings, Sources. No updates in at least a week. Everything was working fine until this time. Car said I was on FM, but was playing my last SiriusXM station. Of course, I couldn't change any channel or anything, and changing the source to anything else didn't work. I tried rebooting - no change. This morning, everything works fine. I can't understand how digital computer programs can be so sporadic in working. The results are not the same from time to time when nothing changes. How can this be? LOL

Probably an "artifact" from a prior build that never got removed. On another unexplainable - yesterday SiriusXM completely disappeared from the bottom available sources, and wasn't an option to select when I went into Settings, Sources. No updates in at least a week. Everything was working fine until this time. Car said I was on FM, but was playing my last SiriusXM station. Of course, I couldn't change any channel or anything, and changing the source to anything else didn't work. I tried rebooting - no change. This morning, everything works fine. I can't understand how digital computer programs can be so sporadic in working. The results are not the same from time to time when nothing changes. How can this be? LOL
Wow that is definitely weird, you would expect it to behave the same way every time, probably a bug