Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S - limited warranty showing as expired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my Model S in June 2018 a few months after the 8 year warranty was introduced for the whole car. I've just noticed an issue with one of the daylight running lights and scheduled a service to resolve this, but am told my warranty has expired and that this requires replacing the full light unit at a cost of over $4k.

In my account, it shows my warranty expired in June at the end of 4 years. Previously I had documents in my account that confirmed the extended warranty, but they are no longer shown.

I've sent service a message back to clarify this, but am awaiting a response. Just wanted to check if anyone else that purchased a Model S/X during the period where a full 8 year warranty was offered is seeing this too, or had to resolve it already?

I purchased my Model S in June 2018 a few months after the 8 year warranty was introduced for the whole car. I've just noticed an issue with one of the daylight running lights and scheduled a service to resolve this, but am told my warranty has expired and that this requires replacing the full light unit at a cost of over $4k.

In my account, it shows my warranty expired in June at the end of 4 years. Previously I had documents in my account that confirmed the extended warranty, but they are no longer shown.

I've sent service a message back to clarify this, but am awaiting a response. Just wanted to check if anyone else that purchased a Model S/X during the period where a full 8 year warranty was offered is seeing this too, or had to resolve it already?
I have a september 2018 model s not yet warranty expired. I also have the tesla extended 8 year warranty although I noticed it has been renamed to an ‘extended service agreement’. It shows it in the app, and just in case have taken a screen shot. It also shows in my online Account. There are no warranty documents explaining this or any warranty. They were in my account previously. The terms and conditions doc is still there in the ‘glovebox’, and within it the wording says I can download the warrranty docs from my online account. Looks like tesla forgot they printed that before removing the warranty documents.

Last edited: