Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S Power Seat Wiring Diagram? Locate power and ground wires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I know it can get old answering silly questions from people but I really could use some love from Tesla owners!

I have a drivers side power seat from a 2018 Model S.

I am attempting to wire the seat up to power and install into my Sim Racing Rig. The seat has several different larger wires that have unusual colors doe power and ground wires. I am not sure which is which and I am afraid to test it as it may short something out in the MSM Memory Service Module.

I have searched and searched for anyone else who may have posted the pin outs ormwiring diagram for this model seat but can’t locate anything. The closest thing I found was one for a 2014 seat but the wires and color codes don’t match up.

Anyone with any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Normally its Easy to identivy power ‘ ground wires as they are usually a larger gauge wire. There are only 4 large wires in the entire wiring harness. One is all white, one is orange and green, one is all yellow, the other is green and black. Common sense tells me that one of these wires is the power wire and another is ground I just don’t know how to identity which is which without a diagram. Any ideas please shoot them my way!

Attachments

• C9952A50-25D9-4355-87A1-775171653783.jpeg
    C9952A50-25D9-4355-87A1-775171653783.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 2,023
  • 7C1224E2-96EC-44DA-91FA-C34F7E13D2F1.jpeg
    7C1224E2-96EC-44DA-91FA-C34F7E13D2F1.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 809
  • 2555D05F-0149-4535-8121-ACF32EC39C9A.jpeg
    2555D05F-0149-4535-8121-ACF32EC39C9A.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 539
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 524
I’m not sure if I’m able to help you, but I do have all kinds of information on the wiring and connectors of the Model S. Problem is that there are a lot of differences between left-hand drive - rear wheel drive, right-hand drive - dual motor, etc. all the info combined is +/- 1,5GB so we need to agree on how to share these files. Send me a PM. Happy to help

I’m not sure if I’m able to help you, but I do have all kinds of information on the wiring and connectors of the Model S. Problem is that there are a lot of differences between left-hand drive - rear wheel drive, right-hand drive - dual motor, etc. all the info combined is +/- 1,5GB so we need to agree on how to share these files. Send me a PM. Happy to help

Hi there,

Do you still have access to the wiring information? If so, would you be willing to make arrangements to sell the diagrams you mentioned?

I have recently acquired driver & passenger seats from a 2016 Tesla Model S and I am trying to get the power functions working for them in my 1985 Toyota Tercel wagon.
I can move the passenger's seat in all directions by simply probing the main harness plug with my 12V test stand.
Unfortunately, I cannot repeat the same process to the driver's seat. Only the lumbar adjustment moves when 12V is applied.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks

I am in similar need for the wiring diagram. My passenger seat will only slide back and forth, and up and down. No response to Lumbar or recline buttons. Then my driver seat sometimes will act funny by sitting upright, but won't recline, luckily I have the memory setting, when I hit that goes back to normal. I bought replacement switches from ebay and that didn't fix anything :(
Any suggestions.

Not sure if everyone knows, but the wiring diagrams are available from Tesla. You can download the PDF for any car. There are multiple schematics depending on when your car was built. Go here: Tesla Service then Service Subscriptions and sign up as an individual. There is no cost (even though it may seem like it at first). Once you have an account you can get all the service information, schematics, connectors, and more. Quite useful.

Reactions: ferventcoder
Hi friend, could you share your files pack? I am very interested in learning everything