Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 model s suspension defective. 54,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently went to get my 2018 Tesla Model S serviced in Burbank, CA

My suspension is defective and Tesla is refusing to cover the expenses. Tesla wants to charge me $2,000 for the repair for my vehicle to be able to get aligned correctly.

I asked for a good will adjustment and they only offered 10%. I mentioned the suspension noise in the app and now Tesla is stating I never mentioned it. Please screen shot your communications with Tesla to have for evidence. The reason I dident have my car taken in to get the suspension fixed before 50,000 is because my mom had an emergency surgery and lost 4 organs with a cancer diagnosis. I’ve been traveling back-and-forth to help her. The manager at Burbank Tesla had no remorse for the situation and called me a liar regarding bringing up the suspension crackling in prior communication. As a proud owner of Tesla I’m very disappointed in how this situation is unfolding. If your suspension is defective I should not be responsible…

Attachments

• 83F747A3-A765-452F-AFE9-C305F5218C16.jpeg
    83F747A3-A765-452F-AFE9-C305F5218C16.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 131
Are you saying you brought this concern up with Tesla service before your warranty expired, but then failed to follow through on the appointment until after?
Correct as stated they needed to bring my vehicle into service for that issue. My mom had a medical emergency so I only had a mobile tech come out for a separate issue. Regardless, I’m over 4,000 miles over warranty and these cars should not be having a major repair to the suspension at such little mileage..

Well, I suppose I’m sympathetic to your situation, but I’m also not sure a text saying “my car is making a noise” is sufficient evidence to support a warranty extension, which is basically what Tesla is saying.

Warranties are time and mileage bound for a reason, ya?