Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MODEL X 6 SEATER -

BE AUTHENTIC

May 31, 2021
Encinitas
Hello All,
I'm new to Tesla, Just about to buy a slightly used 2018 model x 6 seater. I love the car but it does not have a rear center console. I would
like to add the one that Tesla made for the car. Is that possible? Andy where do I buy the console? Thanks for info .

Plan B

May 8, 2015
Portland OR
Hello All,
I'm new to Tesla, Just about to buy a slightly used 2018 model x 6 seater. I love the car but it does not have a rear center console. I would
like to add the one that Tesla made for the car. Is that possible? Andy where do I buy the console? Thanks for info .

It is not possible and when you go to sell it, it will take longer, most do no like them.

Xd85

Oct 20, 2017
Central Ohio
Excellent answer!

we have a Massimo CX40 (which is the same unit as this: Amazon.com: CHO POWER SPORTS Portable Freezer Cooler AC/DC Compressor Refrigerator Fridge Trolley Wheels for Truck RV Boat Party Picnic Camping (40 Liter): Appliances ) and it fits PERFECTLY between the 2nd row seats. Absolutely perfectly.
does a thermoelectric cooler like that wear down the 12V prematurely? Have a CX50 (same wattage i think), and often after running it for a couple hours the voltage display on the cooler unit is 11.9~12V

dmurphy

Buster: 11/25/14 - 6/20/21. So sorely missed.
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
does a thermoelectric cooler like that wear down the 12V prematurely? Have a CX50 (same wattage i think), and often after running it for a couple hours the voltage display on the cooler unit is 11.9~12V

We haven’t had an issue leaving it running for hours on end. In fact I’ve even left it overnight once and it was no problem.
Now that said, I also wouldn’t want to take too many chances with it either and leave ourselves stranded. While the car is on, of course, no issue at all as the high voltage battery will keep the 12V supply up.

The product specs on the CX40 show average draw is 45-50W. So that said —- it would run 4-5 hours off one of these without a problem: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D29QNMJ/

maybe that’s a better plan for keeping it running when the Model X is parked, rather than draw on the 12V?

Xd85

Oct 20, 2017
Central Ohio
with sentry mode on, supposedly the vehicle is on and HV can charge 12V. We have many Ego lawn batteries (420wH each) and the $80 ego 150W inverter would do the trick if that route if needed.

ntpphong

May 14, 2019
CA
The model X will shut off the 12v after a couple mins after the car is locked so if you leave the cooler in there it will not get power through the 12v. I bought a portable 300W battery back up that can run the fridge for 24hrs if I need to leave the fridge inside the car while parked.

Oldrocky

Jul 17, 2021
Burlington, Wa.
Where are you plugging in the portable fridge to get 12v to it?

I see a lot of posts about "the 12v battery went down and I couldn't use
the car". I know that the car will charge the 12v (when on/running). I'd
be super cautious about running a cooler off the 12v battery when the
main battery isn't 'helping' the 12v.
Even with the HV battery helping - running a cooler would be reducing
the range before the next charge. Maybe not a problem - maybe yes. I
guess it depends on where you are and how far you are from home.
Camping at Loon Lake in the Sierras doesn't sound like a good time to
run the cooler - but that's when you want it the most! Catch 22?
- Jim in Burlington, Wa.

D-ATL

Oct 19, 2020
Atlanta
Take a look at this.

I have a 6 seater MX and don’t think I would want to move the 2nd row every time someone needed to sit in the 3rd row like the 7 seater.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC