Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X raising itself to Very High; Wheelchair guy can't get into driver's seat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
I had been setting suspension height control to Very High on my driveway during the winter to avoid dragging on ice and snow on my driveway.

After a while, if I as much as summon it forwards or back at all in my closed garage, it started raising from the desired Very Low setting I always leave it in when I exit my car. The extra 2.8" height rise makes it very difficult to get back into the driver's seat when it raised itself to Very High.

But lately, without even summoning or doing anything other than plugging in and unplugging, I'll go to the garage and find it has raised itself to Very High for no apparent reason.

I've been hounding Tesla service to request a way to control suspension height at least DOWN via the app. There's no other way to lower the suspension so I can get in the car with out having to get in the car. If there was a way to set it to auto LOWER inste4ad, I'd probably be OK, but there's not.

THIS STINKS!

What to do??

Last edited:
HOW????

Is there an "always Very Low" setting hidden somewhere that I don't know about?

Looks like LOW is your option and is only 0.6 inches diff from very low.

tzOUHEv.jpg
DYQGoNZ.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Really sounds like the 'always raise at this location' feature got turned on. This can be undone but only immediately after it raises while you are driving it in that location.

See similar thread at Now car goes to very high on its own

That's been a popular feature request over the years: delete all geolocation-suspension settings with a single button press. Only way to do this now is factory reset (highly disruptive, not recommended for something like this).

Looks like LOW is your option and is only 0.6 inches diff from very low.

tzOUHEv.jpg
DYQGoNZ.jpg
Thanks for trying the time to help me, @scottf200 and @Harvey Danger . I'll explore this on my next couple of drives.

I have to wonder, would it really take up that much programmer time to make these things intuitive? I really expect much better than this from Tesla; perhaps a place to go to cancel all geo height settings or to change them manually...