Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MR vs. 2020 SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dmunjal

Aug 17, 2012
Both used and with similar miles and similar price.

Which one would you get?

I think MR has a bit better range and supercharging speed but I'm not sure what improvements they added in the 2020 models.

2018 probably for me - range is king, plus the older car will have slightly more premium bits as said above at the cost of the extra warranty the newer car will have. Depending when in the year each was registered that could be as low a 13 months warrantyand if you're likely to exceed 50k miles before 4 years, the time element will disappear. .

I would recommend caution on MR. I have had fairly significant range degradation since I got my MR in March 2019 (was made in Dec. 2018), down from 264 to 230 miles after 23.5k of driving. I believe others MR owners have seen fairly notable degradation as well, so double check the car before you get it.

Reactions: cdswm3
I would recommend caution on MR. I have had fairly significant range degradation since I got my MR in March 2019 (was made in Dec. 2018), down from 264 to 230 miles after 23.5k of driving. I believe others MR owners have seen fairly notable degradation as well, so double check the car before you get it.

Would that be any different than a SR+ with 250 miles of range?

I thought the MR was the same as the LR RWD with fewer cells?

Besides the Mid Range having premium audio, why not a 2021 SR+ with heat pump?

sFKeKLG.png

Reactions: cdswm3