Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MS usb in glovebox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this for the center console, no bigger than a SD Card. Tiny and even hard to remove it is so small:
1651841194773.png

• Informative
Reactions: ai4px
I have worn out a couple of USB sticks in my M3... SD cards are kinda subject to corruption (from my raspi PI days).... so I just run a SSD in a 2.5" HDD enclosure... it's been fool proof for 2 years now.
The new endurance SD cards are designed for Dash Cam operation, have a 10 year warranty, and are rated for "continuous" rewrites in extreme heat and cold "car" environments. Doubt if you will have problems or corruption as long as you stop the dashcam before removal of the USB from the port. Check out the specs.

Reactions: ai4px
The new endurance SD cards are designed for Dash Cam operation, have a 10 year warranty, and are rated for "continuous" rewrites in extreme heat and cold "car" environments. Doubt if you will have problems or corruption as long as you stop the dashcam before removal of the USB from the port. Check out the specs.

I'll have to check them out... didn't used to be that way.

with some clever wiring organization, you can route it underneath and pop out inside the cubby below, out of the way where the usb ports are. I have a Sandisk 1 TB ssd nve, and it allows you to record alot more video without having to unplug/plug. Just keep the drive down below safe and cool