Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MX Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at a 2018 100D on a mega corporate car lot tomorrow. What options were available in 2018? Any interior upgrades? I am familiar with determining which AP/FSD, HW it may have but wanted to make sure I could spec the interior.

Thank you

A few things happened in 2018. First, MCU was upgraded from MCU1 to MCU2 starting mid-March, give or take. Then approximately starting mid summer (possibly late Aug), the Premium Upgrade Package & Upgraded Stereo became standard. Prior to this point, those two were options, and were not on all X's.

When you get into the car, touch the Car icon in the lower left. Go into Software, and click Additional Vehicle Options. That will tell you:
Base Audio or Premium Audio
Tow Package?
Cold Weather Package?
MCU Processor (Nvidia Tegra = MCU1, Intel Atom = MCU2

To find out if it has the Premium Upgrade Package, go into HVAC controls. If it has Bioweapons Defence Mode, then it has it.

This page may help, although it doesn't have specific dates, just years.

This page may help, although it doesn't have specific dates, just years.
I had never seen that list, and at first thought it was a great find. But found a number of things wrong with just a quick perusal of it. For example:

65A20E84-724B-4400-8C94-6CDC43D71E5A.jpeg

The 7 seat monopost to bench design change happened mid 2017, not in 2016.

6C32BB70-8BAC-482A-B9DB-3693405021AE.jpeg

HW2.5 started August 2017, not 2018.

Certain color combinations were added/replaced around April 2018. The beige/saddle interior was added around that time. I know we never ordered that interior but ended up with it because they dropped our original color. It turns out we really like it and ordered it in our replacement X