Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just added to the Tesla map for 2019.

Bethel, ME
Skowhegan, ME
Bar Harbor, ME
Lawrence, MA
North Canaan, CT

Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary

Well, if Tesla's still alive next year, I'll be able to check the Skowhegan, ME progress.

Bethel, ME and Skowhegan, ME allow travel on US-2.
Bethel, ME has the Sunday River ski resort. It's also an intersection point where you'd join US-2 if traveling from Central or Eastern Maine to Northern NH or Northern VT.

Very exciting additions! Cleary Natick is the Framingham Shopper's world one, which is why it says Summer. Really curious where they're going to put the Fenway one - could be the Landmark center parking garage, which is being renovated.

I'm positive the Lawrence one won't be in Lawrence - that'd make no sense. Clearly they're trying to pick up the 495/93 interchange area. Trouble is, I'm stuck for a highway exit around there that has any of the typical SC amenities. Exit 40 (Tewksbury) has a few chain restaurants, and I suppose the Methuen exit off 93 has some things. Don't know, but I'll be keeping an eye out!

Very exciting additions! Cleary Natick is the Framingham Shopper's world one, which is why it says Summer. Really curious where they're going to put the Fenway one - could be the Landmark center parking garage, which is being renovated.

I'm positive the Lawrence one won't be in Lawrence - that'd make no sense. Clearly they're trying to pick up the 495/93 interchange area. Trouble is, I'm stuck for a highway exit around there that has any of the typical SC amenities. Exit 40 (Tewksbury) has a few chain restaurants, and I suppose the Methuen exit off 93 has some things. Don't know, but I'll be keeping an eye out!

I'm surprised it's not planned for "The Point" in Littleton, MA, right near the interchange for 495 and 2.

The Marlboro SuC will most likely end up at the new "Apex Center".

I'm surprised it's not planned for "The Point" in Littleton, MA, right near the interchange for 495 and 2.

The Marlboro SuC will most likely end up at the new "Apex Center".
The requisite Panera Bread is across the street from the Apex Center, but none in Littleton, so I'm going with Marlboro.

Random thought - the Hannaford's stores in Marlboro (across from Apex Center, same shopping center as Panera) and Lowell (Rt 28, exit 38, just past the Tewksbury Line, a few hundred feet from 495) both host a free Chargepoint Chademo/CCS stations. I wonder if they are offering to host Superchargers as well.

The requisite Panera Bread is across the street from the Apex Center, but none in Littleton, so I'm going with Marlboro.

Random thought - the Hannaford's stores in Marlboro (across from Apex Center, same shopping center as Panera) and Lowell (Rt 28, exit 38, just past the Tewksbury Line, a few hundred feet from 495) both host a free Chargepoint Chademo/CCS stations. I wonder if they are offering to host Superchargers as well.

My thought would be that Lawrence as a whole is.... Not quite the demographic they're going for. That pin will probably move.

Littleton is one of those outdoor shopping areas, so it fits the model of where they've placed superchargers in the past. Apex Center is in the same vein, just newer.

We'll see.

I have been assuming that the "Natick" pin on the supercharger map actually refers to the Framingham Shopper's World one, since there is no Framingham pin. However, doing a little googling I just came across this at the town of Natick web site:

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 3.06.53 PM.png

That's quite specific. This is the garage where the Tesla store's chargers were located, but it's been completely renovated with the opening of the Wegmans. The Tesla store moved to a new location in the mall and moved their chargers to a different garage, so I don't think they're confusing superchargers with wall connectors, but I suppose that's possible. Still, would be a good spot for a few urban chargers, so it's worth keeping an eye out, if not quite Blueshift-worthy yet.

Here's the site - judge for yourself: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations | Natick, MA - Official Website

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
I have been assuming that the "Natick" pin on the supercharger map actually refers to the Framingham Shopper's World one, since there is no Framingham pin. However, doing a little googling I just came across this at the town of Natick web site:

View attachment 304465

That's quite specific. This is the garage where the Tesla store's chargers were located, but it's been completely renovated with the opening of the Wegmans. The Tesla store moved to a new location in the mall and moved their chargers to a different garage, so I don't think they're confusing superchargers with wall connectors, but I suppose that's possible. Still, would be a good spot for a few urban chargers, so it's worth keeping an eye out, if not quite Blueshift-worthy yet.

Here's the site - judge for yourself: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations | Natick, MA - Official Website
I think it's a combination of old data (the link says Nov '17), before the store and their WC's moved, and bureaucratic confusion over the difference between a Supercharger and a Wall Connector.

Plugshare reports some new J1772's by Wegman's which aren't on that Natick page, BTW - PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Reactions: jlv1
I think the Natickgov.ma data is old/wrong, too.

I just charged at the new Volta-branded stations at Wegman's this past weekend. There are 5, they output 32A, work without a card, and are hard-labeled as being free. I was sad to the Tesla wall connectors (40A vs. 32A) moved all the way to the other end of the mall, since my only reason for going there will be to stop at Wegman's. But it means I can charge my LEAF, too, and I take that most of the time.