Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Looks like we have a bunch of new Super Chargers to look forward to and a few that did not quite finish in 2017. Tesla is planning a nice ring of SPs around Boston including one soon to be completed in Framingham as well as some on the Cape; one in Providence, RI; a bunch along coastal, CT; Main's getting a nice Northern fork of SCs as well as Portland and Kennebunk down south, and NH and VT are getting a couple new ones too. Of the all the SCs listed, the two I am the most excited about in New England is the delayed one in Danbury, CT and the new one in Waterbury, CT and the one slated for Lyndon VT because of routes I go on to visit family down south and awesome skiing up in the northeast kingdom of VT. How about you? Which ones do you look forward to them completing? Any sorely lacking in New England for your routes?

Last edited:
I think the one in Framingham is actually going to be the Natick Mall Electric Vehicle Charging Stations | Natick, MA - Official Website
Natick Mall (Private)
1245 Worcester St
Wegmans Garage (ground floor)
Tesla Supercharger Coming soon
I'd find one at the intersection or Rt 3 and Rt 495 in Mass very handy. I have a MS 75D and live 30 miles North of the Hooksett SC. On a cold day I have trouble making it to central Mass and back to Hooksett on a charge. So Auburn, Leominster and even Natick would likely add quite a bit of extra drive time.

Having one new Rt 3 and Rt 495 (vs say Nashua) would also mean that if I get a Model 3 (day 1 reservation holder), I could charge there more than Hooksett because MA is charged per kWh and NH is charged per minute.

Looks like we have a bunch of new Super Chargers to look forward to and a few that did not quite finish in 2017. Tesla is planning a nice ring of SPs around Boston including one soon to be completed in Framingham as well as some on the Cape; one in Providence, RI; a bunch along coastal, CT; Main's getting a nice Northern fork of SCs as well as Portland and Kennebunk down south, and NH and VT are getting a couple new ones too. Of the all the SCs listed, the two I am the most excited about in New England is the delayed one in Danbury, CT and the new one in Waterbury, CT and the one slated for Lyndon VT because of routes I go on to visit family down south and awesome skiing up in the northeast kingdom of VT. How about you? Which ones do you look forward to them completing? Any sorely lacking in New England for your routes?
Rochester, NH was a bit of a surprise. Lyndon would be useful a couple of times a year.

I think the one in Framingham is actually going to be the Natick Mall Electric Vehicle Charging Stations | Natick, MA - Official Website
Natick Mall (Private)
1245 Worcester St
Wegmans Garage (ground floor)
Tesla Supercharger Coming soon
I'd find one at the intersection or Rt 3 and Rt 495 in Mass very handy. I have a MS 75D and live 30 miles North of the Hooksett SC. On a cold day I have trouble making it to central Mass and back to Hooksett on a charge. So Auburn, Leominster and even Natick would likely add quite a bit of extra drive time.

Having one new Rt 3 and Rt 495 (vs say Nashua) would also mean that if I get a Model 3 (day 1 reservation holder), I could charge there more than Hooksett because MA is charged per kWh and NH is charged per minute.
The web people at the Natick town site are confused. The supercharger is, indeed, going in at Framingham, not at the Wegman's garage. It's in Shopper's World in front of DSW Shoes (between DSW and Joe's Bar & Grill) - they've already started construction (there are several Tesla crates there covered in snow). The Tesla store's parking and charging sites are in the ground floor of what will become the "Wegmans Garage" when the new Wegmans opens in the old JC Penney store. There are 4 14-50 outlets and 2 HPWC (80A, I think). These charging spots have been there since the Tesla store opened - PlugShare Web v2

I go down to the Chelmsford area frequently; one there would be handy. Don't stress too much about per-minute or per-kWh. I did the math once, and there wasn't much difference.

The Tesla store's parking and charging sites are in the ground floor of what will become the "Wegmans Garage" when the new Wegmans opens in the old JC Penney store. There are 4 14-50 outlets and 2 HPWC (80A, I think). These charging spots have been there since the Tesla store opened - PlugShare Web v2
I've charged a couple of times at the HPWC while visiting the Natick Mall. Or more specifically I visited the Natick Mall so that I could charge before heading home from visiting my parents.

The web people at the Natick town site are confused. The supercharger is, indeed, going in at Framingham, not at the Wegman's garage. It's in Shopper's World in front of DSW Shoes (between DSW and Joe's Bar & Grill) - they've already started construction (there are several Tesla crates there covered in snow).
All the better that superchargers are @ SW since navigating the Natick Mall is maddening. Of course the whole Rt 9/Rt 30 area looks nothing like it did when I misspent my youth there in the 80's :)

The pin for Burlington, MA is likely to be the SC they've received a permit for in Woburn. Unless Woburn is now what would have been Lynnfield......

if that's the case, then perhaps the Burlington "coming soon" pin could turn into something in Burlington or Chelmsford.

All of those are great options, but like some others, I'm looking forward to places like Danbury coming online. It opens up 84 as a cold-weather route into NYC, instead of having to stick to the 91/95/15 corridor.

The pin for Burlington, MA is likely to be the SC they've received a permit for in Woburn. Unless Woburn is now what would have been Lynnfield......

if that's the case, then perhaps the Burlington "coming soon" pin could turn into something in Burlington or Chelmsford.

All of those are great options, but like some others, I'm looking forward to places like Danbury coming online. It opens up 84 as a cold-weather route into NYC, instead of having to stick to the 91/95/15 corridor.

My bet is on Burlington being a high volume Delivery Center. Doesn't make any sense to have supercharger only locations in both Woburn (permit in the works) and Burlington (coming soon) when the towns are next to each other.

Reactions: Bokonon
My bet is on Burlington being a high volume Delivery Center. Doesn't make any sense to have supercharger only locations in both Woburn (permit in the works) and Burlington (coming soon) when the towns are next to each other.

But we've already seen with the Natick pin that it doesn't necessarily end up being built in the town where it was "coming soon".

None of the supercharger pins have turned into delivery centers. I do think that if there is a new delivery Center, it will be somewhere like Nashua. That would open up north and west of Boston in MA, as well as the three northern states for more efficient delivery.

Reactions: Nikxice
I did a little Google sleuthing and found a petition to the City Council of Woburn, MA (first submitted October 17th, referred to public hearing on November 21st)
The staff analysis included a question regarding an enclosure for the equipment (and there are 8 chargers), so this is definitely a proposed supercharger site. It is right at the I-95/I-93 interchange.
369 Washington Street, Woburn MA 01801

But we've already seen with the Natick pin that it doesn't necessarily end up being built in the town where it was "coming soon".
None of the supercharger pins have turned into delivery centers. I do think that if there is a new delivery Center, it will be somewhere like Nashua. That would open up north and west of Boston in MA, as well as the three northern states for more efficient delivery.

Of course we're all speculating which is fun so who really knows. There is a difference though between Woburn where we know a permit/petition has been submitted (above) , and Natick and and others that simply say "coming soon". And both Woburn and Burlington were added since late July for whatever thats worth. Nashua would be fine by me too.

Of course we're all speculating which is fun so who really knows. There is a difference though between Woburn where we know a permit/petition has been submitted (above) , and Natick and and others that simply say "coming soon". And both Woburn and Burlington were added since late July for whatever thats worth. Nashua would be fine by me too.

Woburn IS Burlington, or it's Lynnfield....

Natick is actually the one just over the line in Framingham.

My point is: don't get too hung up on the exact pin location. For whatever reasons, the final location may shift, whether it be permitting in a town, maybe the next town over is NGrid vs EverSource, or cost of the site, etc.....

As long as they keep building them out, I'm ok with wherever they end up. :D

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
It appears that two more planned supercharger stations are now showing up on the map for Cape Cod. Orleans MA has been on the map for a while but when I checked this morning I noticed that both South Dennis and Falmouth are getting supercharging stations as well. I don't recall seeing either one of those on the map just a few days ago.

South Dennis: Find Us | Tesla

Falmouth: Find Us | Tesla

Reactions: EdA
It appears that two more planned supercharger stations are now showing up on the map for Cape Cod. Orleans MA has been on the map for a while but when I checked this morning I noticed that both South Dennis and Falmouth are getting supercharging stations as well. I don't recall seeing either one of those on the map just a few days ago.

South Dennis: Find Us | Tesla

Falmouth: Find Us | Tesla
Falmouth has been on the map since at least last September.