Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P100D.ead battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning, my 2018P100D hadn’t charged up overnight (plugged in) and has the error “Maximum Battery Charge Level Reduced, okay to drive, schedule service“.
So, of course came straight here and read how most of these wound up needed battery replacement. Car is in under warranty (30k miles) so Im not too freaked out, but thought I should ask those who have gone before me….

What should I expect, demand or look out for? First SC appt is in 2 weeks, and I asked if they can do remote diagnostics Monday.
I heard one interesting comment that they called roadside and had it towed in, and they (Had to?) looked at it right away.
Looking for helpful advise or experience, not Tesla battery bashing.
thanks guys!

MC

Sorry for your inconvenience. Did they give you a loaner?

My 2017 battery just passed 100k miles. I get the impression that the batteries don’t care how hard you use them. Failures seems random to me but then again, I don’t have a performance model. How hard do you drive it?

Sorry for your inconvenience. Did they give you a loaner?

My 2017 battery just passed 100k miles. I get the impression that the batteries don’t care how hard you use them. Failures seems random to me but then again, I don’t have a performance model. How hard do you drive it?
I’m pretty ”chill” most of the time, I get in it, but rare and quick. I won’t know about a loaner until I get to the SC… glad your 2017 is going strong, I drove my last S to 100k amd it was in great shape.
I will update when I get info from service -