Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P100D Ludicrous FSD, 13k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* HW2.5 (Scheduled to switch to HW3 this year - I asked my local people)
* MCU 2
* Full Self-driving
* Multi-coat red
* 19" regular slipstream wheels
* All seats (incl. back seats) heating, steering wheel heating, front seats cooling
* Premium upgrades package
* Black premium seats
* 13.5k miles
* Free supercharging (I think this can't be officially transferred, but I can just give you my account since I am not going to get another Tesla)
* Smart air suspension
* Ludicrous mode
* 2.4 sec 0-60 as advertised by Tesla (I didn't time it)
* This specific car pulls about 580kw on Ludicrous+ full heated which is something like 780hp, which I believe is top numbers even within P100D's
* Bought new last year, 3 more years of full factory warranty
* Clean history
* In flawless condition inside and out
* Will try to take pics!

Tesla seems to be asking about $92,000 for a car that is almost exactly the same (12.9k odometer, red, 2018 ludicrous) so I am asking $85,000.

Located in Raleigh, NC.

A fair priced Tesla?? No way!! glws

Queried on Tue Jul 21 2020 19:08:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

5YJSA1E46KF309953 | $97,500 | 2019 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 2,261mi | AP[3.0/FSD] | BLUE/BLACK
5YJSA1E43JF251881 | $93,500 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 21,922mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | SILVER/CREAM
5YJSA1E40JF275023 | $92,400 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 1,671mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | BLUE/WHITE
5YJSA1E44JF276790 | $91,900 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 12,989mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | RED/BLACK
5YJSA1E40JF251921 | $91,300 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 7,710mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | BLUE/CREAM
5YJSA1E47JF249650 | $88,800 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 3,234mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | GREY/BLACK
5YJSA1E47HF229649 | $84,100 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 26,040mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | RED/BLACK
5YJSA1E48HF189971 | $82,400 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 19,038mi | AP[2.0/FSD] | SILVER/BLACK
5YJSA1E46HF200921 | $81,000 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 29,427mi | AP[2.0/FSD] | RED/BLACK

A fair priced Tesla?? No way!! glws

Queried on Tue Jul 21 2020 19:08:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

5YJSA1E46KF309953 | $97,500 | 2019 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 2,261mi | AP[3.0/FSD] | BLUE/BLACK
5YJSA1E43JF251881 | $93,500 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 21,922mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | SILVER/CREAM
5YJSA1E40JF275023 | $92,400 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 1,671mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | BLUE/WHITE
5YJSA1E44JF276790 | $91,900 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 12,989mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | RED/BLACK
5YJSA1E40JF251921 | $91,300 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 7,710mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | BLUE/CREAM
5YJSA1E47JF249650 | $88,800 | 2018 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 3,234mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | GREY/BLACK
5YJSA1E47HF229649 | $84,100 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 26,040mi | AP[2.5/FSD] | RED/BLACK
5YJSA1E48HF189971 | $82,400 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 19,038mi | AP[2.0/FSD] | SILVER/BLACK
5YJSA1E46HF200921 | $81,000 | 2017 MS: 100D Ludicrous Performance | 29,427mi | AP[2.0/FSD] | RED/BLACK

Nice, can you share the query and API?

* HW2.5 (Scheduled to switch to HW3 this year - I asked my local people)
* MCU 2
* Full Self-driving
* Multi-coat red
* 19" regular slipstream wheels
* All seats (incl. back seats) heating, steering wheel heating, front seats cooling
* Premium upgrades package
* Black premium seats
* 13.5k miles
* Free supercharging (I think this can't be officially transferred, but I can just give you my account since I am not going to get another Tesla)
* Smart air suspension
* Ludicrous mode
* 2.4 sec 0-60 as advertised by Tesla (I didn't time it)
* This specific car pulls about 580kw on Ludicrous+ full heated which is something like 780hp, which I believe is top numbers even within P100D's
* Bought new last year, 3 more years of full factory warranty
* Clean history
* In flawless condition inside and out
* Will try to take pics!

Tesla seems to be asking about $92,000 for a car that is almost exactly the same (12.9k odometer, red, 2018 ludicrous) so I am asking $85,000.

Located in Raleigh, NC.

It amazes me that anyone would buy a used Model S or X instead of buying a new Raven S or X. Seeing that your price is apparently one of the better prices for similar specs, you can obviously purchase a much superior Raven with more advanced technology for only $20K more and is about 2-3 years newer (depending on the manufacture date of your S). After seeing some of the Demo deals owners have got on here for a Raven S from Tesla, they were less than what Tesla is charging for their used 2018 Model S.

However if one was wanting to sell their Tesla now seems like a great time to do so since buying a new one will take 4-8 weeks to be delivered. If you´re able to get $85K that seems pretty amazing considering it would only have depreciated about $7K-$10K year (even though you spent more since Tesla continues to do owners a disservice by continuing to lower their prices). If a new owner it's great to be a buyer especially since the Raven retails for $60K less than what an inferior P100DL would sell for years ago.

Why are you no longer going to buy a Tesla again? Most owners usually rant and rave about their Tesla´s and never want another car besides a Tesla again. I would think it would be opposite considering it seems like the first owners who have been loyal customers and owners since the start would be the ones who would no longer continue to want to own a Tesla. I am personally looking to purchase a Raven after owning a P90DL (pre-facelift and was not capable of Tesla´s claims of performance or range) a few years ago as my first and only Tesla that I sold over a year ago, cause I feel like Tesla constantly misleads owners especially with autopilot, etc. But with the prices as low as they are now and the newer HW and FSD capabilities (I don't expect Full FSD anytime soon), plus the increased charging speeds, makes it seem like a no brainer to buy one again as I was planning to buy a Taycan but cannot justify the price difference. I know the Plaid S and X that will be coming out and will be much better but I also believe the price will be comparable to the Taycan and the Raven seems like it should be the best at retaining its value (my 2015/2016 P90DL was the worst car I have ever owned in terms in depreciation by far).

Either way GLWS it seems like you have it priced too move quickly, I was just curious why you have decided to no longer own a Tesla after clearly owning several. I have been trying to find a used Raven but they are no less than a brand new one besides the demo deals some have been lucky enough to get.

It amazes me that anyone would buy a used Model S or X instead of buying a new Raven S or X. Seeing that your price is apparently one of the better prices for similar specs, you can obviously purchase a much superior Raven with more advanced technology for only $20K more and is about 2-3 years newer (depending on the manufacture date of your S). After seeing some of the Demo deals owners have got on here for a Raven S from Tesla, they were less than what Tesla is charging for their used 2018 Model S.

However if one was wanting to sell their Tesla now seems like a great time to do so since buying a new one will take 4-8 weeks to be delivered. If you´re able to get $85K that seems pretty amazing considering it would only have depreciated about $7K-$10K year (even though you spent more since Tesla continues to do owners a disservice by continuing to lower their prices). If a new owner it's great to be a buyer especially since the Raven retails for $60K less than what an inferior P100DL would sell for years ago.

Why are you no longer going to buy a Tesla again? Most owners usually rant and rave about their Tesla´s and never want another car besides a Tesla again. I would think it would be opposite considering it seems like the first owners who have been loyal customers and owners since the start would be the ones who would no longer continue to want to own a Tesla. I am personally looking to purchase a Raven after owning a P90DL (pre-facelift and was not capable of Tesla´s claims of performance or range) a few years ago as my first and only Tesla that I sold over a year ago, cause I feel like Tesla constantly misleads owners especially with autopilot, etc. But with the prices as low as they are now and the newer HW and FSD capabilities (I don't expect Full FSD anytime soon), plus the increased charging speeds, makes it seem like a no brainer to buy one again as I was planning to buy a Taycan but cannot justify the price difference. I know the Plaid S and X that will be coming out and will be much better but I also believe the price will be comparable to the Taycan and the Raven seems like it should be the best at retaining its value (my 2015/2016 P90DL was the worst car I have ever owned in terms in depreciation by far).

Either way GLWS it seems like you have it priced too move quickly, I was just curious why you have decided to no longer own a Tesla after clearly owning several. I have been trying to find a used Raven but they are no less than a brand new one besides the demo deals some have been lucky enough to get.

The only amazing thing here is that you wrote a massive wall of text about why someone shouldn't buy something you said is 'priced to move'. Who asked for your general market opinions?

* Free supercharging (I think this can't be officially transferred, but I can just give you my account since I am not going to get another Tesla).
Just FYI, this won't work long term, I already tried this with someone else I sold a vehicle to. The moment you have to change the actual owner name on anything will prompt them to remove the FUSC. Now if they plan to never update your name associated with the vehicle, that may be a different story.

• Informative
Reactions: 1375mlm
No offense guys & gals, but there is kind of an unwritten rule on boards to not derail someone's for sale thread. Maybe make a different thread to debate values of cars, but to do it on a specific for sale thread seems in bad taste. There may be reasons someone in the market finds value in what the seller is offering. Maybe they really want that color, location, private owner, who knows? If he is asking too much, there won't be a buyer. He will figure it out with silence. If it sells, good for him.

Last edited:
No offense guys & gals, but there is kind of an unwritten rule on boards to not derail someone's for sale thread.
Comments on pricing seem to be pretty common so unless and until there is a written rule against it, I imagine they're going to continue.

I personally feel that some comments on price can be valuable to both sellers and buyers. If someone really wants to sell a car then getting opinions on the current market can be enlightening. Otherwise, they may wonder why they aren't getting any takers and the car will sit and sit.

At the same time, if a seller disagrees with comments then it's an opportunity to defend their price and further explain or identify why their car is a good buy. Maybe a seller forgot to mention certain features or upgrades, warranty information, add-ons, etc. that could make their car more appealing compared to other vehicles.

So is this the car you bought for 80k and put 7500 miles on, and now want to sell for 85k? Or is it a different car?

Finally the used P100D price cuts are here on Tesla - starting from $67k

Yes, it is that car. Tesla screwed me up amazingly badly and left me without a car for months and months and out $70,000 which they took months to refund, and not fully, and in exchange they gave me a good deal on this car. It’s not like I’m selling someone’s gift, here.

Not that it matters how much I got it for when I’m pricing to sell it. Unless you want to buy I suggest you do your digging elsewhere.

Comments on pricing seem to be pretty common so unless and until there is a written rule against it, I imagine they're going to continue.

I personally feel that some comments on price can be valuable to both sellers and buyers. If someone really wants to sell a car then getting opinions on the current market can be enlightening. Otherwise, they may wonder why they aren't getting any takers and the car will sit and sit.

At the same time, if a seller disagrees with comments then it's an opportunity to defend their price and further explain or identify why their car is a good buy. Maybe a seller forgot to mention certain features or upgrades, warranty information, add-ons, etc. that could make their car more appealing compared to other vehicles.

It's ACTUALLY A WRITTEN RULE.

See mod note in first post of this thread:
General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

If you and anyone else don't like the price, move on along. I'm sure you guys don't go around to used car lots telling the dealer why their prices are too high. Same applies here.

It's ACTUALLY A WRITTEN RULE.

See mod note in first post of this thread:
General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

If you and anyone else don't like the price, move on along. I'm sure you guys don't go around to used car lots telling the dealer why their prices are too high. Same applies here.

Aren’t these the forum rules?
Forum Rules

Where does it say comments on pricing are not allowed in the "for sale" section? If comments on pricing aren't allowed, it should be written in the forum rules AND enforced because it happens quite a lot on here.

Aren’t these the forum rules?
Forum Rules

Where does it say comments on pricing are not allowed in the "for sale" section? If comments on pricing aren't allowed, it should be written in the forum rules AND enforced because it happens quite a lot on here.

Those are the general forum rules, yes, but what I linked is specific to the for sale forums.

Enforcement comes and goes, and has always left something to be desired.

Still, it's piss-poor form to price comment, unless the OP specifically asks for pricing input (and those threads do exist). People are not stupid, they can look up KBB prices, used sale prices, etc. If a car is over-priced, it simply won't sell.

Those are the general forum rules, yes, but what I linked is specific to the for sale forums.

Enforcement comes and goes, and has always left something to be desired.
Yes, I understand but a moderator's opinion and action from over five years ago does not necessarily make it a rule especially if it isn't enforced more uniformly. If TMC does not want price comments/discussions in the for sale section then they need to put it in the forum rules and enforce. Otherwise, people are going to continue to give price "feedback."

Price comments on for sale items are not that uncommon and occur on other sites, social media, etc.

Yes, I understand but a moderator's opinion and action from over five years ago does not necessarily make it a rule especially if it isn't enforced more uniformly. If TMC does not want price comments/discussions in the for sale section then they need to put it in the forum rules and enforce. Otherwise, people are going to continue to give price "feedback."

Price comments on for sale items are not that uncommon and occur on other sites, social media, etc.
Or, you could just be respectful to others by not crapping on their for sale thread and note FORCE forum staff to create/enforce strict rules. They shouldn't HAVE to tell you how to behave but the fact that they've already made it known how they feel about these sorts of posts should reaffirm what you already suspect.

Not sure why some people insist an behaving like children who require adult interaction to get through life in a civil manner.

Or, you could just be respectful to others by not crapping on their for sale thread and note FORCE forum staff to create/enforce strict rules. They shouldn't HAVE to tell you how to behave but the fact that they've already made it known how they feel about these sorts of posts should reaffirm what you already suspect.

Not sure why some people insist an behaving like children who require adult interaction to get through life in a civil manner.

It's simply not uncommon to see price feedback on forums and other sites including some sites you actually have to PAY to list a car for sale e.g., onlyusedtesla.com. While some posts may be a bit obnoxious (and should be removed), overall l don't think pricing comments are disrespectful. If there is a desire to ban them here, I am perfectly ok with that but it should absolutely be put in the forum rules and enforced. Otherwise, people will continue to assume it's allowed just as it is so many other places.

It's simply not uncommon to see price feedback on forums and other sites including some sites you actually have to PAY to list a car for sale e.g., onlyusedtesla.com. While some posts may be a bit obnoxious (and should be removed), overall l don't think pricing comments are disrespectful. If there is a desire to ban them here, I am perfectly ok with that but it should absolutely be put in the forum rules and enforced. Otherwise, people will continue to assume it's allowed just as it is so many other places.

The problem is nobody has a problem with my price but my thread has been taken over anyway.

Can you, please, guys? I am actually trying to sell my car...

• Funny
Reactions: infiniteloop
The problem is nobody has a problem with my price but my thread has been taken over anyway.

Can you, please, guys? I am actually trying to sell my car...
Yeah, I'm not sure why this became such a topic on price feedback but threads (and not just for sale threads) can often get "hijacked" or diverted on forums. Maybe all of the extra activity will get people curious and you'll get more clicks and perhaps find a buyer here.:)

• Disagree
Reactions: infiniteloop