Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P100D Ludicrous with FSD, 13.8k Miles, MCU 2, with pics!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* HW2.5 (Scheduled to switch to HW3 this year - I asked my local people)
* MCU 2
* Full Self-driving
* Multi-coat red
* 19" regular slipstream wheels
* All seats (incl. back seats) heating, steering wheel heating, front seats cooling
* Premium upgrades package
* Black premium seats
* 13.5k miles
* Free supercharging (I think this can't be officially transferred, but I can just give you my account since I am not going to get another Tesla)
* Smart air suspension
* Ludicrous mode
* 2.4 sec 0-60 as advertised by Tesla (I didn't time it)
* This specific car pulls about 580kw on Ludicrous+ full heated which is something like 780hp, which I believe is top numbers even within P100D's
* Bought new last year, 3 more years of full factory warranty
* Clean history
* In flawless condition inside and out
* Raleigh, NC.

Tesla has priced an identical car (same year, miles, features, trim) at $92,000 so I am pricing it at $85,000.

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (54).jpg

Image from iOS (55).jpg

Apologies for the overly sharpened images. I am not sure what happened!

Probably because Tesla sucks, the car is nice but that’s where it ends. Customer service sucks, service is many places is weeks out and when you finally get your car in the best Tesla can do is uber credits... for a 100k car
Sadly yeah this is where it is unless your local SC is rockin it. One bad management change though and that can turn on a dime. Good to see what $80K buys these days.

1. I've had a Tesla for about 4 years, over those 4 years Tesla found new and exciting ways to screw me over, and over, and over in a way that no other car company would ever do. This is on top of all the regular service/company related stuff that new/CPO Tesla buyers regularly go through. I have no time or energy to write all of it down.

2. As AMPd put it, Tesla is an awful company to deal with even in regular circumstances. Service times are extremely far out in a lot of places, and they started off many years ago by going out of their way to do a good job within the warranty, and giving you a Tesla loaner; to not even counting obvious stuff in the warranty (such as noises and creaks and such) and giving you a gas car as a loaner, to finally giving you no loaner and just stupid Uber credits. On top of that, scheduling service is a pain and it's almost impossible to talk to a real person.

3. The car's acceleration is extraordinary, and the technology is top notch, and those two things are huge, but that's where it ends. IDK what they're doing with EPA ratings but the 310 (I think?) mile rated P100D gets barely any more range than the 200 mile rated Taycan Turbo S. The car is well put together (finally) but it's not very comfortable and the ride is harsher and noisier than it needs to be. To hold me over I just got a regular Mercedes-Benz E class and it is MUCH more comfortable to drive, plus the interior looks nicer in my opinion.

4. I've really begun to hate Elon Musk this year after his reaction to COVID stuff and his latest crazy comments. I can imagine coming back at some point with the Roadster maybe, but for now, I've had too much. I'm going to go over to Porsche (probably Panamera rather than Taycan) where I have never been treated less than royally.

1. I've had a Tesla for about 4 years, over those 4 years Tesla found new and exciting ways to screw me over, and over, and over in a way that no other car company would ever do. This is on top of all the regular service/company related stuff that new/CPO Tesla buyers regularly go through. I have no time or energy to write all of it down.

2. As AMPd put it, Tesla is an awful company to deal with even in regular circumstances. Service times are extremely far out in a lot of places, and they started off many years ago by going out of their way to do a good job within the warranty, and giving you a Tesla loaner; to not even counting obvious stuff in the warranty (such as noises and creaks and such) and giving you a gas car as a loaner, to finally giving you no loaner and just stupid Uber credits. On top of that, scheduling service is a pain and it's almost impossible to talk to a real person.

3. The car's acceleration is extraordinary, and the technology is top notch, and those two things are huge, but that's where it ends. IDK what they're doing with EPA ratings but the 310 (I think?) mile rated P100D gets barely any more range than the 200 mile rated Taycan Turbo S. The car is well put together (finally) but it's not very comfortable and the ride is harsher and noisier than it needs to be. To hold me over I just got a regular Mercedes-Benz E class and it is MUCH more comfortable to drive, plus the interior looks nicer in my opinion.

4. I've really begun to hate Elon Musk this year after his reaction to COVID stuff and his latest crazy comments. I can imagine coming back at some point with the Roadster maybe, but for now, I've had too much. I'm going to go over to Porsche (probably Panamera rather than Taycan) where I have never been treated less than royally.
My wife left the Tesla family over the service issues. Dropped the car off and got uber credits. Extremely inconvenient when you have a baby to use uber.

I’m on our last model s and would like to upgrade but it seems like that won’t be happening, service is not getting any better here in California and I don’t see it getting better anytime soon due to the amount of new teslas hitting the road yet no new service centers opening up.
I’m also interested in the panamera, looks fantastic as well as the bmw 7 series.

I really appreciate your honesty. Too many people drinking the kool aide. I've got a DD with just over 100k miles, nothing fancy. Was looking to move into a P100D, but seeing how bad Tesla is botching service and how little they care about customers made me realize that I'd rather replace the blown out suspension in my car and drive it into the ground (which, I guess being able to order online and get it in a few days is something I've taken for granted). Maybe by then, competition will have forced Tesla to act differently.

Glad you are keeping in the electric community. Elon's Covid twitter statements went from bad to inexcusable. I know why he did it, but he chose the wrong path to get the factory (rightfully) re-opened.

Reactions: Redbrick

Igles & I haven't always seen eye to eye so it pains me to say this but he's 100% right. Tesla is losing it's grip & trying to be profitable ahead of schedule at the cost of customer service is a mistake. This choice will come back to bite them.

For sure. It's crazy how much worse the company got after the influx of Model 3 owners. Service, response, etc. all got awful. They simply didn't scale their customer care nearly to the same level as the number of cars they've sold. I don't see any indication it's getting better any time soon.
What's even crazier is that Tesla "customer service" support has gotten so bad that I'm compelled to agree with you on something. That's pretty bad. ROFL

Reactions: ngng and davidc18
Glad you are keeping in the electric community. Elon's Covid twitter statements went from bad to inexcusable. I know why he did it, but he chose the wrong path to get the factory (rightfully) re-opened.
To be fair: California remains on point to slow the spread 15 days squared. Glad Elon is gearing up to pull the plug on NUMMI and move to the land of the free and brave. (Tejas)

What's even crazier is that Tesla "customer service" support has gotten so bad that I'm compelled to agree with you on something. That's pretty bad. ROFL
I’ll give this to them. For those of us tech savvy they have introduced a lot more self care menus and options fortunately so at least we’re not waiting on appointments to reset AP cameras, TPMS, and other relatively minor things.