Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P100DL inventory delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having our 2016.5 S60 for 3 years we decided to upgrade to a larger battery pack. My S60 was one of the first facelift production vehicles but still had excellent build quality. Only issue we faced was that one of the a/c vents was not glued properly creating a rattling sound.

I started looking at some 100D inventory models but somehow my computer would always prefix my searches with a "P" so I was always landing at P100D inventory. As soon as I ordered the car it stopped doing that.

5/3
I finally came across an inventory car with < 50 miles on it and a solid discount. Configuration: Red multi coat, ludicrous, pano, silver wheels, AP, FSD, 72 amp, black premium. Put a deposit on it.

5/6
My OA requested a status check on the car for condition and pictures. He mentioned there was some hold on the car, and was waiting to hear back

5/11
OA confirmed that car passed inspections and its already making its way to Seattle, WA. Estimated arrival is scheduled for 5/18-5/19

5/17
Car is here ahead of time but no delivery slots are available for the next day. I schedule to pick up on 5/20. There was some confusion with the CU wiring the funds, so had to wait till Monday anyway.

5/20
Excited to collect the car we went to the SC. Doing a walkthrough I notice some large panel gaps and the door handles not being flush with the car. One panel gap was so large I could squeeze my wallet in it. Talked to the DS about the issues and he was receptive and acknowledged that these are significant issues. He came back with a service person to examine in more detail and took pictures. Service person says most of these are easy fixes and details how they would be done. Now basically, have 2 options, we can refuse to take delivery now or he can make an appointment for us mid June. Scheduled the appointment for June made sure to document the repairs in the worksheet and left with the car. Going to keep a close eye on it within the 7 day return window and see if there is anything else wrong with it.

That Ludicrous mode tho.. :D:D:D

New issue I noticed after switching to day mode for screen. There is a yellow border around the screen. Looks like screen burn. Another appointment scheduled for next week

There's a whole thread on here regarding the yellow border issue. Short answer: there's no fix right now and Tesla's current policy is that it's not even covered under warranty (crazy as that sounds). Given that you still have some leverage (within your 7 day window), you might get them to repalce the screen but odds are the new one will have the same issue eventually.