Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 S Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 S warranty ending in a few months.

-X-Care not available in WA.
-Tesla Extended only for Tesla bought cars. ( Bought mine used from Porsche Dealership)

Any options?
Are you certain you cannot buy it? According to documentation on Tesla site the requirement is that your purchase before the original 4 yr/50k mile warranty expires. There is a clause about the ability to transfer to a new owner if you sell the car which is where selling it back to a dealer appears to block the ability to transfer to new owner. I recommend you thoroughly review the ESA Q&A document on Tesla's site if you've not already done so.

Are you certain you cannot buy it? According to documentation on Tesla site the requirement is that your purchase before the original 4 yr/50k mile warranty expires. There is a clause about the ability to transfer to a new owner if you sell the car which is where selling it back to a dealer appears to block the ability to transfer to new owner. I recommend you thoroughly review the ESA Q&A document on Tesla's site if you've not already done so.

The service dept. manager has notified me of that.

Only Tesla cars bought from Tesla qualify.

I don't know why.

The service dept. manager has notified me of that.

Only Tesla cars bought from Tesla qualify.

I don't know why.
I would challenge him by showing him what Tesla themselves document on their own website. There are many instances where people have purchased cars second hand from prior owners where the original warranty was still valid and they were able to purchase the ESA.

The warranty issue focuses the mind towards only buying a used vehicle from Tesla Used Inventory to get the 10k miles/1year warranty.

However, in this time of unprecedentedly high used car values, Tesla add another tranche of dosh to the sticker which must be for the benefit of the warranty.

Of course they may have to offset the cost of generous trade-in values for your current Tesla when buying new. Also, for the price, they probably prepare the car to concours condition. ( I'll just get my tongue out of my cheek).

The fact is, if you want the peace of mind which a Tesla warranty can provide, you have to bite the bullet and buy used from Tesla.

These issues are a result of inelastic demand; Tesla love is deep seated, it will endure, in those who have fallen under the spell of her siren song regardless of these disappointing measures.

This is, after all, a company of individuals at the top of their game who are lead by a genius. We buy into that when we drive a Tesla.
What's not to like!?