Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Software update - "Suspension Improvements" question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20018 Model S 75D
The latest update notes "Suspension Improvements"
For improved comfort, the maximum allowed speed and ground clearance in HIGH and VERY HIGH have been reduced"
Tesla describes the feature on its website: Add the ability for your Tesla to adjust vehicle height for better handling, efficiency, and ride comfort

I've yet to notice a difference in ride quality (comfort level) with height adjustments (before or after update. On a traditional air suspension the ride gets stiffer the more air in the bag. Like a balloon. Thus in theory the ride is softer when the air bags are not inflated.

What am I getting wrong or is the difference so imperceptible that it doesn't matter in regards to a softer, more comfortable ride quality?

I don't see that their explanation matches the change.

maximum allowed speed and ground clearance in HIGH and VERY HIGH have been reduced​

All this means is you can't drive as fast with the car jacked up, and the settings may not raise the car as high as they used to. It has nothing to do with comfort.

Reactions: chuckespinoza