Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Supercharger plan and changes - Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully I'm not reposting this, but I think this is new with the 72 kW "urban Supercharger" announcement.

Based on Tesla's map, it looks like the 2018 additions/changes are:

Novi
Detroit
Swartz Creek (near Flint)
Claire
Mackinaw City
Gaylord (Grayling for 2017 seems to have been removed)
Escanaba (U.P.)

Find Us | Tesla

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.46.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.46.46 AM.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 144
When is the one in Lansing opening up? I'm leaving Virginia and headed up there in 2 weeks for the MSU Homecoming game. It would nice to use an SC on this trip. Hope the one in Claire is close to "Cops N Donuts"!!

Likely within the next couple of weeks. Check out this thread for progress: Supercharger - Lansing Michigan

There is an 80a wall connector in a parking garage right next to the Supercharger if it's not operational yet - check out Plugshare.

Very pleased to see the Mackinaw City location. This will make trips to the island a breeze as there really aren't that many public charging options in that area.

I'm also glad to see a location in the Flint area, but I am concerned that Tesla has selected the wrong Meijer location. The Swartz Creek store is out of the way for north/south travel on I-75 & US-23, which is a much more heavily traveled route than I-69. They should instead be targeting the Hill Rd. location off US-23, which is more convenient for north/south traffic and still only a short detour for I-69 traffic.

I'd love to see Tesla move one of the near Detroit locations and put it in Allen Park. There is a Meijer there (on the hill) and the benefit of that location is that it's very close to M39 (Southfield Fwy), I94 and I75. There are tons of shops and places to eat there as well. it would be a great location. The Meijer already has a couple L2 chargers there, but Supercharing would be much better. Besides the parking lot is enormous so there's plenty of room.

Reactions: OnBass
I'd love to see Tesla move one of the near Detroit locations and put it in Allen Park. There is a Meijer there (on the hill) and the benefit of that location is that it's very close to M39 (Southfield Fwy), I94 and I75. There are tons of shops and places to eat there as well. it would be a great location. The Meijer already has a couple L2 chargers there, but Supercharing would be much better. Besides the parking lot is enormous so there's plenty of room.
It'd be nice if all Meijer stores had superchargers haha. Sterling Heights Meijer is on 16 mile and Van Dyke, one of the biggest intersections in the county, and a minute away from home. I've emailed Tesla and recommended the location for future charging.

Neither Marshall nor Lansing are located at a Meijer and those were both opened this year. Certainly Tesla does have a very good working relationship with Meijer and it's nice to know that you'll be able to find a restroom if you happen to roll in at 3AM. But there's nothing at all saying that Tesla only opens the Michigan locations at a Meijer.

Reactions: mongo