Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tax Calculator - CNN Version.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm. We shall see. Very different results from these two you posted. Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 1.49.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 1.50.23 PM.png

Hm. We shall see. Very different results from these two you posted. View attachment 268220 View attachment 268221

I did my calcs based on the Bill. I don't pay enough California taxes as an individual for it to have any negative effect. Both my wife and I draw a 5 digit salary due to the draconian tax code. So I'm middle class and going to save big. Especially on the corporate end of things.

These calculators work pretty well if the taxpayer only has W-2 wages and a little investment income. Itemized deductions start to get a little tricky because miscellaneous itemized deductions go away, and any home mortgage interest that results from a prior refinance where cash was pulled out or a home equity line of credit will no longer be deductible come January 1. In other words, those loans are not grandfathered into the new law. You taxpayers are going to have to dig into your files and allocate your home mortgage interest on a percentage basis between acquisition debt (deductible) and refinance/home equity debt (not deductible.)

The calculators break down if a taxpayer has multiple sources of income--capital gains, self-employment, rents, investment partnerships and S Corporations, trusts, and the like.