Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla 3 AWD Long Range 24K miles 19''/Blue/White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'd like to sell my car but I can't figure out how to price it. I see prices for similar cars ranging from 33K to 45K with not much rhyme or reason.
I'm the original owner (purchased Nov 2018) and drove 24,000 miles, no accidents. There is a dent from *censored* people opening doors without looking and some curb rash. No other issues. I'm in Colorado if that matters.

2018 Tesla 3 AWD Long Range 24K miles 19''/Blue/White, no autopilot, no acceleration boost.
1.jpg
8.jpg

Hard to say as it depends on a number of factors, but as a comparison, I bought my MSM 2018 LR AWD w/29k miles, black interior and EAP from Carvana for $42,900 in October here in Northern California. So I placed my vote a tick under that due to mine having EAP, but your car having a better interior and less miles. Also depends on whether it’s a private party sale, trade-in, etc.

Hard to say as it depends on a number of factors, but as a comparison, I bought my MSM 2018 LR AWD w/29k miles, black interior and EAP from Carvana for $42,900 in October here in Northern California. So I placed my vote a tick under that due to mine having EAP, but your car having a better interior and less miles. Also depends on whether it’s a private party sale, trade-in, etc.
What was your experience with Carvana? Did you buy from private party selling on the platform or from them offering you a car they already bought? They offered 35k to me but I suspect it's not final and there would be fees

Reactions: El joe
What was your experience with Carvana? Did you buy from private party selling on the platform or from them offering you a car they already bought? They offered 35k to me but I suspect it's not final and there would be fees
I loved dealing with Carvana and have sold four cars to them. The last one was my Bolt, which I essentially traded in as part of the down on my Model 3.

Incidentally, for fun, I checked how much they’d offer me for my Model 3 now and it’s $35.5k, so right around what they’re offering you.

The current car market is insane. You didn't specify private party sale or selling it to a dealer. Most dealers, low 30's. Private party 38k is my guess. If you decide to go the private party route, maybe get that dent repaired, you may or may not get your money back, but it will sell easier.

The current car market is insane. You didn't specify private party sale or selling it to a dealer. Most dealers, low 30's. Private party 38k is my guess. If you decide to go the private party route, maybe get that dent repaired, you may or may not get your money back, but it will sell easier.
Insane in what way?
My concern is that there are lots of EVs coming to market and Teslas will quite soon stop being obvious choice. Perhaps already has?

Insane in what way?
My concern is that there are lots of EVs coming to market and Teslas will quite soon stop being obvious choice. Perhaps already has?

Insane in that Teslas are holding their value VERY well. I'm on the hunt for a used Model 3 LR RWD for my sister, but haven't had any luck getting to her price point, which would not have been a problem hitting 6 months ago.

Insane in what way?
Used Tesla Model 3's are really expensive compared to a comparably priced gas car that is three years old.

More broadly the car market itself is insane too right now. Cars are much more expensive than they were last year, and last year was itself a high water mark. In other words, its been good to be a car dealer. My brother was telling that last fall if someone offered less than list on a used car, they just told them no, and would wait for them or someone else to pay their asking price. Cars are in short supply so inevitably someone was paying list price. That was last fall, I assume this fall will be equally bad, but it is hard to tell how this will all go.