Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla model 3 AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First asking price seemed reasonable to me given room to negotiate. I have seen used M3’s sell recently for nearly new price. Probably would be easier to sell like that locally than on this forum.
Not trying to Steal any money just asking something below fair price.
Suspension, wireless charger and Alloy pads are a bonus that I didn’t even think to charge it to the buyer.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Tesla owners selling their cars after less than a year and expecting them to not depreciate like any other cars are the only ones disillusioned here. There's no way this particular car will sell for over $46k unless the OP genuinely tricks someone into thinking they're getting a good deal.
And there’s no way you’re buying a car like his for $40k. So why waste everyone’s time when you’re clearly not here to buy a car.

You, and many others from this forum are disillusioned to the actual price cars sell for in the real world. I have a similar Model 3 for sale, and have received offers 10-20% higher from local buyers than the prices people think are “fair” in here.

This site is a great place to score a deal, but isn’t representative of what many Tesla’s are actually selling for
I don’t know if all forums are the same but here... looks like some people is waisting their times and they are happy if:
1- Seller can’t sell their car
2- Seller sells their car 30% cheaper than other sites.

I can Imagine @cucubits going to each dealer in town Arguing their prices And stopping people at the entrance saying that the car they are looking is expensive ‍♂️

• Disagree
I don’t know if all forums are the same but here... looks like some people is waisting their times and they are happy if:
1- Seller can’t sell their car
2- Seller sells their car 30% cheaper than other sites.

I can Imagine @cucubits going to each dealer in town Arguing their prices And stopping people at the entrance saying that the car they are looking is expensive ‍♂️
I would never list my car here, which is unfortunate due to the exposure this site receives. Just too many tire kickers, or people trying to get something for nothing. Better to focus your efforts selling locally to qualified buyers.

Only sellers who are complaining like you are the ones who think their delusional pricing is fair.

There are plenty sale threads here with actual fair pricing where the seller gets only support and finds buyers fast.

Hi good morning Robin, Still here?
I thought you were going to help the buyer sending any comps.

Btw, you put the price, as a $46k yesterday. Not sure why you are still talking about fair price...

• Disagree
Hi good morning Robin, Still here?
I thought you were going to help the buyer sending any comps.

Btw, you put the price, as a $46k yesterday. Not sure why you are still talking about fair price...

Apparently you have some basic english comprehension troubles. I'll explain. I did not say that $46 would be a fair price or that I would offer anything like that. I was trying to say that this car has zero chances of selling around your current asking price unless you trick some buyer into thinking he/she's getting a good deal.

Clearly the market drives the used car prices and apart from the usual calculations, a fair price is where the seller gets MORE than he'd be offered from Tesla/Vroom/whatever buy-back and the buyer pays LESS than he would pay for a similar used car from Tesla or any dealer. Sorry, I can't explain more clearly, if you don't understand, just please let this one go and see how long it'll take to sell your car at the current asking price.

Last edited:
Apparently you have some basic english comprehension troubles. I'll explain. I did not say that $46 would be a fair price or that I would offer anything like that. I was trying to say that this car has zero chances of selling around your current asking price unless you trick some buyer into thinking he/she's getting a good deal.

Clearly the marked drives the used car prices and apart from the usual calculations, a fair price is where the seller gets MORE than he'd be offered from Tesla/Vroom/whatever buy-back and the buyer pays LESS than he would pay for a similar used car from Tesla or any dealer. Sorry, I can't explain more clearly, if you don't understand, just please let this one go and see how long it'll take to sell your car at the current asking price.

You’d be better off in a Prius

... Clearly the market drives the used car prices ....

I think most of the sellers believe that YOU are trying to drive the used car prices. What is your function on this For Sale forum? Have you ever put in an offer to buy a car from a seller here? I have only been on this forum a short time, and it seems you are only here to bash down on people. Why are you so interested in everyone else's transactions?

Reactions: djgabriel2004
I think most of the sellers believe that YOU are trying to drive the used car prices. What is your function on this For Sale forum? Have you ever put in an offer to buy a car from a seller here? I have only been on this forum a short time, and it seems you are only here to bash down on people. Why are you so interested in everyone else's transactions?

This was mentioned a few times but we keep getting called trolls or as you said, "seem to be here for bashing".

The problem with the sellers with delusional prices is that they list their insane ads here, most of course don't sell, they forget about them and move on or sell elsewhere. Then when legitimate buyers or upcoming sellers start researching used Tesla prices, they end up seeing these listings and some will think that these are the current prices, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's like a crappy cycle that feeds itself and if left alone, will keep messing up used tesla prices.

Do you actually think it's fair for a seller to ask for a used car the same as it would cost new, or sometimes even more? Tesla is not exempt from depreciation, their new pricing just changes a lot so it's understandable that some sellers are caught by surprise. As I said, some react well and accept the situation and some do like the OP here, either take it personally or start attacking. I honestly could not care less, as long as it's clear for everyone (mostly future buyers who stumble here) that there's something wrong with the ad's price.

Exactly... my or whoever sale here won’t benefit or hurt him... but he took it personal

Exactly... my or whoever sale here won’t benefit or hurt him... but he took it personal

Ladies and gentlemen,
I have a new follower, let me introduce you to my FAN #1 in this forum!! @cucubits!! :D:D
C0EBF00A-9B5C-49C4-A74A-9EBE492F283B.png

• Funny
Reactions: bnsfengineer
Guilty!

I admit, I am petty. When I saw you disagree one of my posts which really didn't deserve it, I just did a random on your posts. Not sorry.
Let’s open a gofundme to help @cucubits to buy one life cuz he doesn’t have one yet!!

@cucubits Im planing to get your services, Tesla wants to charge me $62990 for my new car, go and tell them that based on a future price drop that car is overpriced!!