Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 "Oreo" Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So an interesting development, I have the chance to swap (no cost) my Model 3 and get a 2017 Model X 75D with EAP, leather, white paint, 8000 miles, 5 seats, stock wheels.

View attachment 295208
I've driven the X quite a bit and it might be my top pick for a family car (especially if it had the rear seats - which this does not). While the acceleration is great - it's not even close to the fun factor of the 3. If you haven't driven the 3, it's incredibly fun fun fun to drive. In fact, on my drive home today I was able to get the rear end to kick out which is a blast!

The X is also an amazing winter car - snow tires, dual motor, and a lot of weight = great winter ride.

I lose a lot of range 310 miles vs 237 miles = 73 miles less.

Am I nuts to pass on upgrading to the X?
Yes, you are nuts to pass on the X. Its the most amazing vehicle Tesla makes until the Roadster 2 comes out. No offense to Model S or Model3, but the X is special. Now you gotta not care that its huge and not as efficient. But most people dont need more then 200 miles a day anyway. You get free supercharging as well?

Yes, you are nuts to pass on the X. Its the most amazing vehicle Tesla makes until the Roadster 2 comes out. No offense to Model S or Model3, but the X is special. Now you gotta not care that its huge and not as efficient. But most people dont need more then 200 miles a day anyway. You get free supercharging as well?

Thanks for confirming that I made the right decision. I switched to the X a couple days ago and while I really miss driving the 3, the X is hard to beat.

I don't have much more to post about the 3 so here's my final video. I made a shorter version of this video for work to illustrate how fast technology is changing. AP was released about three years ago, and the DJI Phantom was released five years ago. In that short time, technology has progressed to allow someone to sit in a car with AP while having a drone autonomously follow the car...pretty amazing.