Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those Tesla driven 5,000 miles are probably quite a beating compared to OPs car.

Again this also discounts the >$3k aftermarket protection that has kept the car like new and will continue to do so

A tesla is a tesla. If Tesla car is getting beaten down with just 5000 miles then why we are even considering it. Unlike a used vehicle, inventory comes with a full 50K warranty, well detailed and inspected, and more importantly 7 days / 1000 miles no questions asked RETURN policy. Hard to beat that with a used car from a private party with limited recourse, including no legal protection for lemon law. :)

I must add, there was another P3D+ white, with a newer year model (YR 2019), with some 6000 miles listed for sale recently from New Jersey, and that had $5000 EAP and it was sold for around $50K. Op's listing is for P3D+ without the EAP and higher mileage. Here is the URL for that listing:
2019 White Model 3 Performance P3D+

In addition - 2018 models have older AP 2.5 hardware, and without FSD this car is not eligible for AP 3.0 hardware upgrade without the $6K FSD purchase (or $7K from Nov 1, 2019, when FSD price will increase according to Elon's tweet).

Last edited:
There are many inquiries as to why I'm selling. An investment opportunity forces the sale, hence the aggressive pricing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the vehicle. The vehicle is still under full factory warranty from Tesla, and you are welcome to take it to Tesla for inspection.

Tesla doesn’t do “inspections”. My buyer of my Performance Model 3 wanted that and I brought it down there to “inspect”. They looked at me like I had two heads. They said they could look at it for $180/hr shop time. I said no thank you. Since they had no formal check list.

I believe $51,900 is a reasonable and fair price for the vehicle. And I'm flexible on the price!

As we stand today
P3D+ - $56,990 (Tesla raised price on 10/17)
B+W Int - $1,000
Dest + Doc - $1,200
Tax Credit ($1,875)

Estimated delivery: 8-10 weeks. I'm not sure you will be able to get the it before the end of the year on the East Coast.

More realistic Total: $59,190
and that is before local sales Tax

You need to read up on people's experiences taking non-new inventory cars.

"well detailed" lol
I have purchased a number of Tesla vehicles, often inventory vehicles and Yes, we all understand few times certain service centers don't meet the standard or there is the end of quarter rush or the dog ate delivery team's detailing checklist, etc.

Whatever may be the reason with Tesla, and its growing pain, I never had an issue in giving the delivery team some slack on detailing and noting it on the due bill and them not honoring it. They do take care of customers. It is part of customer service, be nice to people and they will be nice to you as well and taking care of your concerns