Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 White Tesla Model 3 Trade or OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up 2018 Tesla Model 3 White in Southern California 3 weeks ago and the car is a tad smaller for 2 car seats and the double stroller. Wanting a trade for an S or X instead or selling .

2018 Tesla Model 3
White Ext and black interior
Less than 500 miles
AP2 hardware and you can enable AP for $6k.

Looking to trade for a 2014 Model S or X with AP1 and some cash or selling for B2C811B9-C74E-401D-81EB-A4F234BD993A.jpeg 945ED5B3-E5CD-4000-BDC3-5AE6843DCE6F.jpeg C85F5AB1-064C-400B-9A97-45143CD47B25.jpeg $51k sticker price or OBO.

Reactions: IdaX
2014 or higher as I want AP and those values appear comparable to a 3. Plus the S has a Hatch so it’s eaiser to remove a huge stroller versus a trunk of a 3.

Which still makes me question as to why you've purchased a Model 3 to begin with. And you receiving it this early makes me wonder if you're a first day reservation holder or someone who hasn't owned a Tesla.

Reactions: Pkmmte
selling for $51k sticker price or OBO.
I am interested.

What you are selling:
- LR
- PUP
- Paint
- destination charge
- sticker = $51,000

What I am offering
- less $7500 Fed tax credit
- less $2500 State rebate
- less $1000 additional cost for EAP
- less = $11,000

That nets to $40,000, all cash, SoCal resident, pick up this weekend

PM me if you are interested, otherwise I can wait 3 more months for my invitation (perhaps with SR, AWD and white interior)

I am interested.

What you are selling:
- LR
- PUP
- Paint
- destination charge
- sticker = $51,000

What I am offering
- less $7500 Fed tax credit
- less $2500 State rebate
- less $1000 additional cost for EAP
- less = $11,000

That nets to $40,000, all cash, SoCal resident, pick up this weekend

PM me if you are interested, otherwise I can wait 3 more months for my invitation (perhaps with SR, AWD and white interior)

Let me know when you get your 3 in. I'm willing to buy it for 78% of the sticker.

Long time lurker. Interested in Model 3. Have friends who own S and C and can order. I can get brand new quickly because of friends' owner priority but looking for a discount to bring it close to base. Looking for higher discount for miles, older VINs, and condition (panel fit, repair history, etc). $51 sticker - $7.5K federal credit - discount. I don't qualify for California $2.5K. What discount can you give? Patient, not in a hurry. Contact if you can't get what you want.

Let me know when you get your 3 in. I'm willing to buy it for 78% of the sticker.
OP is offering to sell his at 122% of sticker when you figure in lost tax credits, rebates, and upgrades. The best I can do is an offer of $40K which he has declined. Ni modo. You can buy configurations on Ebay for $2000 but still get the credits and rebates and the color and options you want. I think I'll just wait

OP is offering to sell his at 122% of sticker when you figure in lost tax credits, rebates, and upgrades. The best I can do is an offer of $40K which he has declined. Ni modo. You can buy configurations on Ebay for $2000 but still get the credits and rebates and the color and options you want. I think I'll just wait

I didn't realize I should be taking $40-50k off the prices because they don't have ludicrous speed. Thanks for the tip.

• Funny
Reactions: Amit519

By the way, if/when you decide to sell your 3 a few years down the road, I hope you remember to discount the price by those tax credits you received in 2018

@SoCalLawyer if you can get what you paid for it then take it, I'm sure you'll be taking the state and fed tax credit so you're coming out $10K ahead (so I guess $67K?) Get a CPO S with AP1 for around $50K (they do exist) and then you'll have the car you want and pocket $17,000. Seems like a no brainier at this point.

The Tesla rep I work with has been able to find everyone I've sent to him an AP1 car with a 70kwh+ battery in about 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: SoCalLawyer
I think some people don't fully understand the changes to the California state rebate program. You can only receive 2 total now, you can't receive the state rebate if you earn more than $150k single/ $300k married, and you have to return a prorated portion of the rebate if you sell the car before 30 months. It wouldn't make sense for OP to take the state rebate with plans on selling so quickly (assuming OP is not ineligible due to the other requirements).

I think some people don't fully understand the changes to the California state rebate program. You can only receive 2 total now, you can't receive the state rebate if you earn more than $150k single/ $300k married, and you have to return a prorated portion of the rebate if you sell the car before 30 months. It wouldn't make sense for OP to take the state rebate with plans on selling so quickly (assuming OP is not ineligible due to the other requirements).

I don't know why a buyer thinks he or she should be entitled to any of the tax credits or that a seller should lower his/her asking price simply because of the credits. It's just a really strange thought.